Home

A New Jedi Order

Twenty-one years have passed since the heroes of the Rebel Alliance destroyed the Death Star, breaking the power of the Emperor. Since then, the New Republic has valiantly struggled to maintain peace and prosperity among the peoples of the galaxy. But unrest has begun to spread and threatens to destroy the Republic's tenuous reign.

As the Jedi and the Republic focus on internal struggles, a new threat surfaces from beyond the farthest reaches of the Outer Rim--an enemy bearing weapons and technology unlike anything New Republic scientists have ever seen.

Suddenly, Luke Skywalker; his wife, Mara; Han Solo; Leia Organa Solo; and Chewbacca--along with the Solo children--are thrust again into battle, to defend the freedom so many have fought and died for. But this time, the power of the Force itself may not be enough...

There are still spots open for characters in the recruitment thread, so go there if you want new characters. Don't be fooled by the title, it has nothing to do with Pottsie's..

+++++++

A wild clash between sabers and a few well placed steps backwards gave distance between he and his brother Jacen. He twirled his purple lightsaber with a dull hum, coming in again at him, clashing and holding the saber's in mid-air.

He pushed away and jumped in the air, coming down at him vertically, holding the saber in both hands. The strike was blocked as he came down, but he quickly spun around to the right and struck at Jacen's left abdomen, Jacen bringing his saber to his side vertically to block it. Using this to his advantage, Anakin tripped him up, grabbing his lightsaber hand and wrenching it, grabbing the saber from his hands and turning it off, stepping lightly on Jacen's chest and putting the blade of his near his head.

He laughed playfully, "Come on Jacen, you can do better," he said, tossing the saber back to his brother. Jacen caught it and stood up, Anakin deactivated his saber and slipped it in his sash as Jacen did the same. They both walked out of the arena and into the main area of the house, into the kitchen.

It was a rather large kitchen, for a rather large house- er, mansion. His father, Luke had a Jedi Temple made on Yavin for training young padawans, which is where Jacen and Anakin were taught, as well as Jaina. But Jaina left before her training was complete to join the Rebellion as an X-Wing pilot.

Anakin walked to the side of the kitchen and pulled out a strange blue container filled with orange liquid. He grabbed a cup from a cabinet and poured the liquid into it, tossing a cup and the container to his brother. He downed the liquid that was in the cup in one gulp and sat down on a stool.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And you're so high and mighty yourself?" He said with a smirk, walking out of the kitchen and into a hallway, motioning for his brother to come. Once Jacen arrived, Anakin started talking. "You know.. you need to focus more on your physical abilities.. your.. lacking in that area.. you know?" He said, walking down the hallway to the rather large living room/den.

"She's back now," Jaina called from the doorway. She entered, a big smile on her face. "Oh, it's been too long. What'd I miss?"

She eyed her brothers. "Never mind that... you're both pretty worked up. Here, let me distract you..."

Looking around, she frowned. "Kriffing hell!" she murmured. "Where'd she go?"

Jumping to her feet, she ran out of the room, calling, "Alyssa?"

A few seconds later, she returned with another girl. The new girl resembled Jaina in height and form, but her eyes were bright blue and her blonde hair was about an inch longer.

"Guys," Jaina said, "this is Alyssa Renolin. Alyssa, these are my brothers, Jacen," she pointed, "and Anakin."

Turning again to her brothers, Jaina went on. "She's a little new here at the Academy, but she can already give me a run for my money when it comes to saber duelling. And she's piloting too!" Turning to Alyssa, she grinned. "We do seem to have a lot in common, don't we?"

"Though in space-fight sims, Jaina has no equal," Alyssa put in quickly. Jaina chuckled.

"No comment," she said, shrugging. "Anyway, how've things been going on here?"

"So you two had a word war, too," Jaina frowned. "Figures..."

"I'm a near Knight," Alyssa answered. "It's actually why I'm here now. I've learned quickly under my Master."

((Alyssa's master is one of my characters, but as Alyssa is being Knighted soon, her master will not be a common sight in this thread... just once or twice. :) ))

Jaina was a little hesitant to respond. "It's..." she frowned thoughtfully. "Good... in a way. Still trying to readjust to things, I guess... get my old spark back."

"She flies like a maniac," Alyssa interrupted with a grin. "Don't let her hesitance fool you."

"I do not fly like a maniac," Jaina retorted, mock-glaring at Alyssa. She sheepishly added, "But we did race here. I won."

"Because you fly like a maniac," Alyssa was quick to say, her blue eyes sparkling with laughter.

"Oy!" Jaina exclaimed. "What are you, the older sister we never knew we had? Honestly, Alyssa, you pick at me more than these two combined!"

"It couldn't hurt that we share a bunk while on call with the Squadron," Alyssa chuckled.

"Right..." Jaina mumbled.

Anakin couldn't help but laugh at the two bickering. "You sound like me and Jacen some times.. geez," he said with a grin.

He stood up and started to walk around the room, stretching a little. "So.. Jaina.." He said with his arms behind his back, stretching. "Where'd you meet Alyssa?"

"When I..." Jaina answered, stammering. "I..."

"Got shot," Alyssa helped. Jaina nodded.

"You tell," she murmured.

"You heard of her being shot out, right?" Alyssa went on quietly. Jaina turned away. "It's done some psychological things, to her, as you can see. Anyway, I was the one sent to get her. Though she was unconscious, we formed a connection and I stayed with her while she was getting treatments."

"She's also one of the big reasons I'm back flying," Jaina said slowly. "The Squadron was a bit hesitant to put me back up there after... that..."

"I convinced them it would be a mistake not to, even after what she's been through," Alyssa finished.

"We'd considered that," Alyssa said, nodding. Jaina agreed.

"And we agree," she added quietly. "In fact, we were headed to find him when I heard your bickering and had to come surprise you... I know I wasn't expected back until tomorrow."

She smiled slightly.

"But let's find him now," Alyssa said. "He should know of this."

"Yes," and Jacen led the way. He was familiar as to where their uncle was and headed to the Grand Audience chamber at the Academy on Yavin IV.

((I read junior Jedi Knights and there was an academy at Yavin IV. If I'm wrong I could put it at Ossus because I believe that was another place but I think was after the Yuzghon Vong. Forgive my butchered spelling))

Luke put down his lightsaber. He motioned for the one he was training to stop. Luke was training a new recruit for hours and this one was getting nowhere. He had a tough day, just like most of the days ever since he became the new head of the Jedi Order. He sighed, and turned to them. "Jacen, Anakin. What is it that you want?"

He sighed a little, and spoke, "Jaina, Jacen, and I think Alyssa want to speak to you.. while I on the other hand, am going to go explore the jungle.. like I usually do.. "

He turned around and headed out of the academy, walking into the clearing before the eroded statue of a man, at the moment, he couldn't really care who it was of. He shivered a little and walked past it, into the light brush of the jungle. He slowly made his way into the woods, then into the first part of the jungle.

Taking note of the new recruit, Jaina decided to address her uncle formally. Bowing slightly, she said, "Master Skywalker."

There was a short pause before she went on. "I've just returned from flying with the Squadron... both Alyssa and I just got back. Remember about six months ago there was an... an accident in a training run... well, Alyssa was the one that picked me up from that..."

Alyssa took over from here. "She was dying and I kept her alive. During that time and later during her slow recovery, we formed a connection."

"We hear things that go through each others heads," Jaina added.

"All the time," Alyssa agreed. "It's like..."

"... we can't..." Jaina murmured.

"... block each other out," Alyssa finished the sentence. She smiled slightly and Jaina giggled. Neither of them explained what was funny.

"It helps us in the Squadron," Jaina said. "Our minds have become so connected..."

"... that it's becoming hard to tell one from the other," Alyssa finished. "Like we're..."

They continued in unison, "... two different parts of the same being. Two bodies, two minds. We have mental arguments..." here, each girl put her right hand to her forehead, "Those hurt. But we know what we're thinking, what we're doing, how we feel."

"No secrets," Alyssa said alone. Jaina nodded.

"We thought you should know," she said alone.

He started to cut away at the bush and sticks as he headed into the jungle. He kicked a few large twigs out of the way before kicking a large one, stubbing his toe. He yelped quietly and stumbled over the log, only to trip on another one. He tumbled head over heels down the ravine, slamming into a rock at the end, his lightsaber tumbling away and landing in a pile of leaves.

He fell unconscious, due to loss of blood.

Archived