Home

Gammon

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Oh, yeah.

Depending on how you use it, its either the bottom end of the side of a bacon; if one side kills everyone in the the enemy's side without losing any men(in the winning team); to lash; or nonsence attending to decieve.

Anything else?

It sounds kinda like the name of a kaiju ("giant monster," like Godzilla, Ghidra, or Rodan).

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

For those who are unaware Gammon is from an Old Northern French word "Gambe" for hind- leg of the pig or ham. However, if one wants a whole ham then a ham is ordered, if one wants part of the ham (usually boned and rolled or cut into steaks) that portion of the ham is usually called Gammon. All of our hams and gammon are cured using the over 300 year old "Wiltshire Cure"method.

Gammon

Do i win a prize?

Mutton: For many hundreds of years mutton was the only form of sheep meat eaten in Welsh - lamb being considered too immature. There is no strict definition of mutton - at one time it was simply any sheep meat sold after Christmas, but generally it refers to older sheep meat. At Graig Farm it is defined it as any animal over 18 months old. There were grades of excellence of mutton, from the rather inferior and fatty lowland English breeds, which also tended to be relatively tasteless (although the exception to this was the Southdown); through the famous Salt Marsh mutton, which grazed the salt grasses of the South Eastern coast of England, with its characteristic flavour; to the incomparable Welsh Mountain mutton.

[This message has been edited by K_Kinnison (edited June 12, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Prize? Riiiiiiight...

Okay, okay. Those were too easy. rolleyes.gif Here's a good one for ya:

Pachranga.

What is it? biggrin.gif

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i like gammon

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

Your more of a newbian than me, now thats saying something!

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Rogue15:

it sounds like a name of a boss in some zelda game, but i don't know since i never played it.

*sigh*

Ganon was the lead villain in most Zelda games. In latter games, "Ganon" was actually the Ascended/Demon form of Ganondorf, a simple thief/sorcerer.

In Ocarina of Time, frex, Ganondorf was the prince of the Garudans, a race o desert-dwelling amazons. Once he unlocked the Triforce of Power he became a huge, ram-like monster called Ganon.

<small>Uncultured swine.</small> rolleyes.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Archived