Home

Force sensitives?

REDJOHNNYMIKE

But in the "real world", the Jedi has both these things by the time they become an apprentice...

When i say apprentice i mean that they have only completed their initial training and are not a padawan yet. So they may have a sabre but it would have only been a training sabre.

Ah and what are they without the Force. Easy nothing more than a man or a woman or a child. I think the misconception is that people think the Jedi are like gods, in SW universe. Well big news flash, they are people and they are capable of feelings but they are trained not to let them guide their action. More emphasis on logical conclusions. To be honest I rather enjoyed TSL and fighting with a melee and I never used powers unless I had to which is when I'm outnumbered a gazillion to one. A Jedi is said to be defined by their weapon. That sounds like Sith talk. A Jedi is supposed to stand for peace and justice. They are keepers of the peace, not soldiers. All in all, I wouldn't mind having to earn the right to become a Jedi and build the lightsaber. I found it fascinating and a good experience.

To me, it is gratifying, even if a bit frustrating, at working to acheive the goals of mastering the force and lightsaber, which I believe is the unconscious draw to KotOR and the reason why Jedi Academy doesn't live up.

I, for one, enjoy the growth aspect of going from a sensitive hopeful with no direction to a full-fledged master on a galaxy-sized quest.

That being said, I have to agree with Prime. Most people, for whatever reason, want to be well into their jedi training and be already equipped with force powers and lightsabers and thrown right into a galactic conflict.

KotOR is no different than any other game, it's business.

"If it sells, they will make it."

Archived