Home

EaW Halo Mod

cyb

For those of you that don't know, HALO was originally an RTS game (Think like Age of Kings or Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds) but then was changed to an FPS. Now we have the perfect engine to realize the original HALO universe on a Galactic scale.

Mod Name:

HALO: Empire at War

Mod Members:

cyb ( me, cyb.tachyon@gmail.com ) - Art Lead and Web Lead

Mod Goals:

To make a total conversion HALO mod for EaW.

Current Progress:

-Looking for members

-Concept Art In Progress ( Have size relativities, weapons, basic sketches )

Future Plans:

-Singleplayer Campaign

-Multiplayer Support

-Custom Map Modes

-Full Cinematics

Misc Info: (website, need help etc)

Looking For:

-Project Lead ( To coordinate the mod )

-Lead Programmer

-Lead Modeler

-Hosting

-Anyone else willing to help!

Thank you again, just e-mail for more info.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would not spam this thread with your opinions of HALO or HALO2 or Bungie and related content that does not in any way help this mod.

Thank you very much. Also, I would like to point out that I have done a lot of concept art and figuring, so its not like I'm saying "Ok team, its my idea, my name, you guys do all the work."

The plan is a team effort with equal credit all around. Who knows, maybe Bungie might take a peek!

Once I find hosting ( if not I'll use my design site, horribly long name though ) I'll post all concept pictures and designs.

Thank you guys, I have seen that mod and have no intention of copying it. However I would be glad to work with them and maybe consider a merge. You will see the same type of drive given from HaloGen, without the attitude ( See the extremely negative response from the team here: http://forums.slipstreamproductions.net/index.php?showtopic=1870&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=41952 )

Obviously I will not consider working with HaloGen staff on this project. I also recieved an e-mail concerning this which I will NOT publicize. This mod will focus on space combat first, as that will be a greater challenge with possibly the greater reward, as ground combat is readily accessible to those with generals.

You seem to want to to the same thing as the "Halo : Retreat and Retaliation" team, they want to bring the Halo universe to DoW (dawn of war) and EaW, we are also looking for team members. We have some ground models done. We are also working with another team who has been doing space units. Why not check out our forums, we will be happy to answer any questions you have. :)

http://halornr.dowfiles.com/forums/index.php

I also thought about bringing the mod to DoW, but EaW proved to be the better choice due to space combat availability. I would love to join your team as a concept artist/web designer, as I also do flash animation.

cyb: My apologies for the reaction of the Halogen staff. I thought that the group might have been big enough Halo fans that if they had any time to spare that they might want to help out. If anyone there was rude to you, well, I find that very disappointing.

Good luck.

cyb, you got to do more research, There's already one Halo mod for EaW and it's not dead

i think competition isn't a good thing in mod communities, it usally leads to flaming and spamming on other people's forums. so i suggest you to ask to join the First Offensive team as they are low on mod members. by doing so, you almost certain to be the leader/co-leader of the mod as there's less then 5 people active on that forum.

HALO: First Offense After Reach

and

HALO: Retreat and Retaliation

Which one!?

I say a slow merge, and vote on name.

I will work for you guys if you merge, as I said as a Web Designer ( I do FLASH ) and concept artist ( Got CONCEPT details on Halcyon and Marathon Class Cruisers done ).

Just let me know!

cyb.tachyon@gmail.com

If not, I will be happy to work for the more active mod.

P.S. Thanks for the great response guys.

you wanted to do a mod for EaW, so First Offensen After Reach is the mod for EaW. if you want to join, just post on their forum. they really need mod members.

Retreat and Retaliation is a mod for DoW, it's more active, but the engine doesn't support space batltes and galactic conquest.

when you say merge, do you mean merge the two mods you've named? they are already helping eachother, but because their unit designes are for different engine, they are not planing a complete merge.

Archived