Home

Adding Hardpoints???

Taurian

Does anyone know if you can add hardpoints to an existing model, that currently has none? if so how?

My current issue is thus:

The shadowclaw has no hardpoints, just a projectile entry. Problem is, you can't have more than one weapon (that I know of) with out hardpoints. Have tried getting it to accept multiple projectile entries, but it just uses the first entry and ignores the rest.

Im working on a ship group - The Corellian Consortium (figment of my imagination) to complement the pirates. Am attempting to turn the shadowclaw into a Lt. Frigate. I've got my YT-1300's working as heavy fighters. But I need more weapons. Would be nice if the YT-1300's could be outfitted with cuncussion (SP?) missles or something else but same problem, no hardpoints.

Help please.

T.

You can change the existing hard points on any unit that already has them. You can't add new hard points to a model that doesn't have them because it does not have the attachment bones (as Adonnay said above). The Death Star is not really a "unit" it is more along the lines of a galactic-level hero, and does not have hard points.

Note of interest:

I dont know if anybody else has got this yet, but, did you know that as long a a unit has a hardpoint (connection bone on the model), you can put more than one weapon there?

In my test piece, I was using a nebula-b frigate. Incase you dont know it has 2 turbo lasers and 2 laser canons on it.

one of the turbo hardpoints is called :

HP_Nebula_weapon_FL

I created a new one by copying the hardpoint info, and pasting right under the first, and called it:

HP_Nebula_weapon_FL_2

making it an ion cannon. added the hardpoint to frigate.xml file, and it works just fine. Two hardpoints, one bone.

I suppose that the cannonites ( :) ) could use this to go and put the "proper" canon number of weapons on the ships.

This would also make customizing ships a lot easier. Just thought I would share.

T.

Archived