Home

Is It Worth Getting Back Into?

Ruske

Hey Everyone. I played Galaxies for about 6 months about a year ago. I am thinking about playing again but I am wondering how the game has improved or fell apart over that span of time.

I was on the Starstrider Galaxy and near the end of my playing days I know that lag was becoming a huge factor.

Would you recommend me getting back into the game or holding off?

Any advice is more than helpful.

Chris

Thank you :) I will check it out.

Are there any other MMORPG games out there that have the same feel as the old Galaxies did. I know a lot of people are big on WOW. I want to find something with the same community feel that SWG had plus give you the option on whether you want to fight or not.

Any suggestions?

Nope,SWG was the best of them all :( The community was great, the gameplay was great, it was a game with great potential (still is, they just kinda freezed in the evolution). If you want to seek something like the old SWG, you should go for a RP server in World Of Warcraft, however, it is still not the same thing. Stick with NGE, it's getting better for each publish.

I'm starting to enjoy my time on SWG again to be honest. Although they haven't added the group bonus for Xp, you can atleast go solo to get XP now. So you don't have to do quests to level up.

The community obviously isn't as big as it used to be, most cities are empty, but the game is enjoyable.

I'd say yes, it's worth the money.

Archived