Home

How Americans view the world

Rogue Nine

Guest Jabba The Hunt

yeah i always thought that was how the americans thought biggrin.gif

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I don't have the time to launch into a full blown rant about it, but that map is pissing me off. I hate Europe and Canada for their US bashing. We are not all arrogant morons. "See how America valiantly defends itself by bombing small countries." What? Europe wants us to bomb LARGE countries? Like who? France? I'll GLADLY support a full blown aerial offensive against the Europeans.

Guest Thrawn

We can always invade France. smile.gif

------------------

"You'd have to use a ladder to rise to my level of crap!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Jabba The Hunt

hey stop it, its just a bit of fun, we just know that you americans dont have any comprehension of geograph come on 80% of your citezens cant tell if england is closer via west or east.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I bring this to the topic. One most Europeans have no idea about locations in the US (I'm sorry but Europe doesn't concern many of us. I don't know where some small little country is over there, why should I, is it going to affect me? No.)

This quote is from an Canadian. and I got it form a post Nute made at XWAUP.

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Misssissippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ... unless they are breaking Canadian laws .. are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here.

When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.

I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over… has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

OH, Jabba I will say this putting down the US, is an easy way for you to get me to withdarw any help I offered for your TS mode, and with PA. If it is a Joke, it is in poor taste, and uncalled for, either way it gets me pissed off. Especially it puts down ever american who has defended your country (that I won't accept)

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

*sniffle* GOD BLESS AMERICA!

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Europeans fail to grasp the sheer SIZE of the US. Today my brother was talking to a person from France. He asked where he was. My brother said US, near Pittsburgh. The Frenchman said "I was in Phoenix once. Is that far?" That would be like saying Western China is near London.

MOST Americans are smarter than you'd think. We know where all those stupid countries are, but it doesn't matter.

And I read just the other day that most of the British don't understand their own traffic signs. Let's see...the guy down the street from me can't find Tanzania on a map or doesn't know what a sign with a P crossed out on it means. WHICH IS WORSE?

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited July 26, 2001).]

Also think of this, the only americans that you have encountered are tourist, not the entire population. They are not used to what you do, or where things are individual countries.

I know and many americans know the different countries in Europe, but also consider this I might mix up were yugoslavie and bosnia are, or say Austrie and the Chezc. The major countries are easy.

I personally think that Europeans are envious of the US's size. Most of our states are larger then their countries.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

They call that the European Union, but fail to realize it's a thinly veiled effort by Germany to do what two world wars failed to do.

ROOFLE. I CONCUR.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. biggrin.gif

I for one am not ignorant of world geography, last time I checked I was an American citizen.

If anyone of you has played DoD at all, you should see the country-bashing on their forums...it's pretty bad...

Anyways, here in California, we heard that the French were celebrating our power crisis by having blackout parties *rolls eyes*. If anyone here is French, I'm sorry, but we (along with the rest of the allies) save them twice during the wars (albeit they did help us during the revolution, but then again look @ the War of 1812) and this is the thanks we get?

I have only two words to say: MAGINOT LINE.

ROOFLE. biggrin.gif

Archived