Home

Another Superhero RP

Fluid nodded. "Perhaps he's good, but any more of his current behavior could attract attention to you... and we all know you don't want more negative attention than you can get yourself. Now. We haven't been keeping our eyes on Don and Don very closely. Explain them to us."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Synox looks over at the screen. If he'd been in a movie, a little presentation of faces would have shown up, but he wasn't, and there was no little in-flight movie.

The two dons are heads, big boys of the local Mafia. I want them hit to cause a bit of a ruckus, a power vaccuum that will cause their system to not be paying quite as much attention outwardly for a short while. I'm not expecting an inward war, beyond pure politics, but it will at least have them not focusing quite so much on the outside." He smiles lightly.

"They are both responsible for ordering typical crime lord activities- blackmail, bribing of judges and police, the deaths of others, and Formitzo has focused on slavery, as well." He pauses for a moment. "Naturally, they're both rather heavily guarded." He holds up a small piece of portable memory.

"This contains data we've gathered about their movements, encrypting schemes on their phones, and a list of houses, safe houses, and personnel, specifically bodyguards and the like. I'll pay ten above the normal for each. Are we agreed?"

Synox smiled and handed the datacard over to the woman. "Good to hear it. As ever, a pleasure." His face instantly returns to blankness. "I have another job as well, when you are done with those two. Someone personally troublesome, but not to be done alone."

He looks at his cameras, trying to find something, but seems to be failing. "Thank you."

----

Retrash flew the streets, tired and aching, feeling sick and ready to lay down and die. He knew Synox would come for him. Even now, he could see the hoverbikes behind him, always two or three trailing him. Not trying to hide themselves. Suddenly, his bike-board pinged. Someone was calling him. Sighing, he turned on the audio feed.

"Yes?"

"Retrash. You did well today. The Mutant used you, and if his powers are what I think they are, you did not have much choice in the matter. I know you would not willingly lie to me." Synox's voice came to him, low and quiet.

"Boss?" He slowed his bike down, pulling over to the side, to the edge of the road, the better to concentrate. The three other bikes pulled up around him, waiting.

"I want you to come back, Retrash. You still let me know. Your courage failed you in the face of me, just as it failed with the mutant. It is allright. Come back to the base, Retrash." With those words, a great deal of weight lifted from the young man's shoulders and he rose up into the air, headed back to the base.

Fluid nodded. "We'll be back this evening." She turned and left the room.

----------

A little less than a half an hour later, the little car pulled into the driveway of a little house. The silver-haired woman got out of the car and entered the house. Several minutes later, a tall blonde with blue eyes came out, got in the car and left. She drove to the police station and handed Fluid's card to the nearest officer. He took it to the chief and then ushered the woman into the chief's office.

"VanHorn is in our trunk," she said. "We require payment."

"Transfer is in progress," the chief told her. The transfer would send money to an account in the name of Janet Gray. From there, it would be transferred to bank accounts scattered around the world, one of which belonged to a woman named Kailyn Kieran.

To the world, Ms. Kieran was a published author. She'd written a trilogy of science fiction novels that were well received and well liked throughout the world. A bit of a reclusive character, she rarely left her home, choosing instead to have anything she needed delivered to her. It was also rumored that she had something to do with the Fluids and people suspected that her home, a mansion too large for one person was their base of operations.

"How's Ms. Kieran these days?" the chief asked, hoping the Fluid with him would slip and give him some sort of confirmation that the suspicions were true. The woman's eyes narrowed.

"The fact that we deposit money in her account does not mean the rumors are true," she snapped. "We've used her house before, it's true. But we operate from everywhere. We cannot afford a single base."

"So how is she?" the chief pressed. "Writing anything more yet?"

"She's considered it," the woman answered, "but we have not dealt with her for some time now."

"One of you was seen entering her house two weeks ago," the chief said. The woman frowned.

"I have not dealt with her for at least a year," she said. The chief grinned.

"So I finally get to hear one of the Fluids speak for herself!" he exclaimed. "I'll relish this moment."

"We refer to ourselves when it applies," she told him. "Otherwise, we are discouraged from it. We have a rather strict code, you know."

"Tell me about it," the chief suggested. The woman shook her head.

"Some other time," she said. "We are busy."

With that, she left his office.

Synox looked Retrash over. "You need a shower, John." His voice grates out. He looks at his monitors vaguely, thinking still about the encounter earlier. "You'll understand if I can't say things to you right at the moment. The mutant you dealt with is a powerful one... Very powerful. Mind powers." He frowns at a memory and then shakes his nightmare head.

As his lieutenant walked out, he considered things in his mind. He spared Retrash because he liked him, true. There was loyalty there- the boy had been the first to join him. He was also a good leader, there was something about him that set him apart... He shakes his head again.

"Time enough for that later. Time to train now. I must be ready for when eyeball boy comes back." He cackles. "Or when I come to him." He sets off down the corridor outside his office, for the gym.

Archived