Home

Running K1 on TSL?

sinister181

Hi,

I know you are not alowed to distribute mods that transfer files from one lucasarts game to another, but i was wondering if it is possible (in theory at least) to transfer and adjust the game files from koror1 to TSL so you can play the original game on the updated game engine? I am pondering this purely for my own use.

Sinister

Hi,

I know you are not alowed to distribute mods that transfer files from one lucasarts game to another, but i was wondering if it is possible (in theory at least) to transfer and adjust the game files from koror1 to TSL so you can play the original game on the updated game engine? I am pondering this purely for my own use.

Sinister

To answer your basic question, NO.

However even if it were pausible this would still be considered porting and even more so you would have to tamper with the executable itself which violates more than the no porting policy. Tampering with the game sourcecode is truly within the scope of a EULA violation.

Wether for your own use or not these questions are NEVER discussed at Holowan Labs or by there members.

sinister181,

I would never blame someone for idle curiosity, but this issue is covered in our Forum Rules...

14. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited NEW!

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Also, modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

Sorry, but discussions are not even allowed about this topic here. As such I have to close the thread.

But please don't let this discourage you from wanting to mod these games. :D

Archived