Home

New Class With Set Items?

Raith Drakk

This is my first mod idea so it may be rubbish but i was wondering whether someone could make a new class with a few new game items.

I was thinking maybe a sith lord class right from the beginning and a jedi master class also. The male for the sith lords being dark malak and the female just a regular model with some new items. The items for the male of the sith lords class having malak's armour (the modded type that can be found here and a malak-style lightsaber. The female of this class having the same minus the malak metal jaw and a more feminine shape to it. Also having the malak-style lightsaber.

I was also thinking that the male for the jedi master class should either be the jedi malak (from the cutscene in kotor 1) or a regular male with custom items. I was thinking of him having a powerful armour that boosts all stats and makes your character very powerful (so i would recommend using talchia's hardcore mod) that it based on the cutscene malak's lightside armour and a blue, green or yellow long-bladed lightsaber with the female having exactly the same but more feminine styled.

The Player Classes are not hardcoded however the limitations we run into are with new force-using classes. Most of the 2da files will not accept new columns which prevents us from reading in progression for a new class. However since the above requested classes are part of TSL as prestige classes that means they can be converted to full 20 level classes. However this is probably a K1 request so that hampers that. Now when it comes down to it the Names Jedi Master and Sith Lord are titles earned by a character it makes very little sense to have a class calling you a Master or Lord at 1st level. However you do earn the title of Knight and later Master in K1.

However I digress about that pet peeve. If a person wanted to have there character titled Sith Lord or Jedi Master from the beginning it could be as easy as pointing the classes.2da tlk file references to point to new entries with those titles.

Archived