Home

A proposal for a Senate

Paragon_Leon

Guest Tie Guy

Whoops, sorry Sherack. BTW, where'd you go for the day?

Anyways, do you think that you could get us or ask to get us a new forum set up if we decide to go ahead. I'm not sure what Leon's thinking, but i don't think we are ready or even that close. Thanks for your imput, i hope we can get this moving ahead soon.

PS: Are you calling me a spammer? j/k You know what i meant by that is that the more upstanding and "veteran" posters should be on the council, not just people that someone else likes. Maybe the mods or the existing council can vote on who gets in, after they are nominated.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you "j/k" Tie? He is calling you a spammer :D

Oh BTW I don't agree with you ( Sherack) that members are selected by the mod, I think that WE should vote on who will be on the senate!

I think you should be able to make yorself candidate ... For a period of time you're status under your name will be "Counsil candidate" ... when typing this I reject it as quick, cause everyone wants to be a candidate ...

Maybe you can make yourself a webpage about it and link to it in your sig like:

Vote for me on the Jedi Counsil, find out more about me on my devoted site: http://youngdavid.cjb.net

Originally posted by Young David

I think you should be able to make yorself candidate ... For a period of time you're status under your name will be "Counsil candidate" ... when typing this I reject it as quick, cause everyone wants to be a candidate ...

Maybe you can make yourself a webpage about it and link to it in your sig like:

Vote for me on the Jedi Counsil, find out more about me on my devoted site: http://youngdavid.cjb.net

I was thinking that same thing and rejected it for the exact same reason. Making a website for yourself would be cool, but if Sherack has his way we won't be voting! Down with Sherack's idea's!!:D

OK, here's what i AM thinking :D :

- A Senate should go active once the board is big enough; simple as that... You need a sufficient amount of members and voters to get it done, and about 50 % of registred members probably won't visit often enough to participate in it..

- Membership would be handled by being nominated first, then voted upon. It's the democratic way... :D That way, no single person could be 'blamed' for keeping someone out of the Senate if that happened AND i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave. :D

- Senators (which i believe would become an official title) could also REPRESENT other forummers. That way, people who are not part of the Senate, still have some kind of say.

I'll post a complete work-in-progress in the near future.. watch this space...

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

OK, here's what i AM thinking :D :

- A Senate should go active once the board is big enough; simple as that... You need a sufficient amount of members and voters to get it done, and about 50 % of registred members probably won't visit often enough to participate in it..

- Membership would be handled by being nominated first, then voted upon. It's the democratic way... :D That way, no single person could be 'blamed' for keeping someone out of the Senate if that happened AND i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave. :D

- Senators (which i believe would become an official title) could also REPRESENT other forummers. That way, people who are not part of the Senate, still have some kind of say.

I'll post a complete work-in-progress in the near future.. watch this space...

Yeah, I think you have the right idea as to how to go about it.

"i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave", Don't we behave already?!

Originally posted by darthfergie

yes they would vote on it, but lets say over a weeks tim or so. how does that sound. that way we wouldn't leave out alot of members.:D

A week or maybe *gasp* the day the game is released! I should be able to bribe enough people by then to be able to get in the senate :D

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

a longer, more to-the-point post..

are you sure that makes sense? :D

Anyways, one question. How will you decide who are the "charter" senators? Have the mods select, or you, or something else?

Oh, and another thing. Are you wanting to go ahead with the whole, council thing, or just have the senate?

There'd be something like a Chancellor who'd be starting weekly/monthly sessions and could guide the meeting, and there'd be the Senators.

So far that seems pretty manageable. I don't see the practical point yet of making 'higher ranking Senators'... maybe in time, when the whole thing seems to work, will we figure that out.

Senators would be nominated and then voted on with polls.

Where would you post the Poll? Off-Topic?Where I want to know so I can exersise my right to denounce all other people beides one (vote) Paragon_Leon are you going to say no replies when we vote because all votes are confidential. Plus you didn't answer TIE Guy's question. Are we going to make a Jedi Council or not?:D

phew. ok, here goes one by one:

- yes, it would be in off-topic

- you have a right to denounce ? goodness. :D

- i did answer tie's question. i said that with just the Senate, things would be more manageable. which leaves out the Jedi council for now. we could always implement it later though.

Guest Tie Guy

I wonder if we could get our own Forum. We could call it like the Senate Chamber or something. We could hold our meetings there, unless you were thinking chat. What were you thinking as far as meetings? Maybe you should contact an admin and see if we could set something up. That would be better than having that kinda stuff in the off-topic forum.

Guest Tie Guy

Yes, and you probably are too. why shouldnt i want to be on the senate, it would be fun, and probably produce some interesting results. :D

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yes, and you probably are too. why shouldnt i want to be on the senate, it would be fun, and probably produce some interesting results. :D

OH, so thats your agenda! Your not posting so much anymore because you want to be a mod or doing it to be senator! Sneaky :)

Guest Tie Guy

No, i honestly and truthfully said what i actualkly think in the other thread. I'm not lying. You don't come here just to get posts, do you. You come here to talk about GB and to have fun. I think that everyone does. It just happens that i have alot to say. :D

Well go check that other thread you were talking about. I had something to say about this.

You are one sneaky fellow!

BTW I might not run for a Senate seat. I'd rather be an "advisor" type person.

Guest Tie Guy

Well, what can you expect of a politician :D

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how many seats we should have in the senate?

Archived