Home

A proposal for a Senate

Paragon_Leon

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Well, what can you expect of a politician :D

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how many seats we should have in the senate?

Well we are in off-topic so we can talk about anything we want :p

But if you insist, I think there should be Ten people, eleven counting the Chan. I do like the suggestion you made about having the amount of senators are determined by the amount of people, but that can get crazy real fast. Keeping it at a nice low number is better, imo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten probably will be the STARTING number of seats.

I reckon that for every 20-25 members, there should be 1 senate seat. If it gets bigger, we can always expand..

And yeah, a separate forum for the Senate would be easiest.

That way we could have 1 separate thread with suggestions for the meeting, and another for the actual meetings themselves.

I'm suggesting that for every 20-25 members on these boards, we should have 1 Senate-seat. It's simply a way of structuring the whole thing.. Happy reading; if you want to get up-to-speed on the Senate-thingy, i suggest you read the entire thread..

.....all 79 posts.... :D :D

We should go by Star Wars in the Senate seat buisness. Lets try New Republic for a second here and think. They had a main senate (people of the forum) then they had the advisory Council with the chief of state at their head. I think there are about 12 members in the advisory council, but I can't think right now. So if anybody knows how many members. POST IT!!

Guest Sherack Nhar

*reads feedback*

I didn't know I was so hated on this board :eyeraise:

Tie Guy, I didn't call you a spammer. I didn't want to at all, sorry for the confusion.

If we are to let the people vote, then there's a risk that people will be voting for their best friend. But if you want to do it that way, it's okay - it's Paragorn_Leon's project after all ;)

Soooooo... on the number of senator issue... I guess that one seat for 25 people is fine.

Here another suggestion (hoping that you will consider it after my last post...)

Maybe we culd let the people vote for the Senators... and then, let the chosen Senators elect their own Chief of State (or Supreme Chancellor, whatever the name).

hehe... why do i get the feeling i'm being rushed ?!? :D

look, i'll come with a full-fledged proposal with all the workings written out later on. Possibly friday, definitely saturday. By then i expect the boards to have grown to about 200 members and we'll be able to figure out what to do with the voting issue.

It's really ok if people would simply wanna vote for their best friend.. they can vote once in a poll anyway.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

*reads feedback*

I didn't know I was so hated on this board :eyeraise:

Tie Guy, I didn't call you a spammer. I didn't want to at all, sorry for the confusion.

If we are to let the people vote, then there's a risk that people will be voting for their best friend. But if you want to do it that way, it's okay - it's Paragorn_Leon's project after all ;)

Soooooo... on the number of senator issue... I guess that one seat for 25 people is fine.

Here another suggestion (hoping that you will consider it after my last post...)

Maybe we culd let the people vote for the Senators... and then, let the chosen Senators elect their own Chief of State (or Supreme Chancellor, whatever the name).

But Sherack we could say the same things about the mods, what if you guys only voted for your friends? I mean even though you are a mod I'm sure there are people you like, and you would put them on the board. Having a vote means everyone gets a say not just a few. Meaning there it is less likely that a person would get on the Senate just because he has "friends".

I was thinking 10 to keep it low, but you guys are the mods and if you think a higher number is ok then, ok.

As to people not liking you....didn't you know that? :D

Originally posted by darthfergie

Kvan may have a point. At the start we might want to keep it to 10 because there isn't exactly 1000 people on this site. (and plus a poll can only hold ten so when we do supreme councilor we don't have to go into 2 polls or stuff like that)

Hey....yeah.....I do have a point, don't I? Thanks for pointing it out :)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

With every 100 new visitors we add 5 new senators ;)

I'd prefer to wait and see how many people are gonna show. If I were you I'd put it at for every 100 you get 1 senator....that is if I was going your way, which I'm not, I like my way better :p

I think we should wait till the game is at least released! Not even 90% of the people are here yet! Plus I haven't rallied my support for me yet!

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

if people read your posts and can conclude you'd make a great Senator, you wouldn't even HAVE to rally support, Kvan.

:D :D

It was too good to pass..

OH! See! See how mean Leon is! I wasn't doing anything and he comes and puts me down! I think I'm gonna cry :(

;)

ahem...

if you read the guidelines to the boards, Rommel, that kind of post deserves deleting.

I won't for now, but it seems that there's some 'testing' as to how far i'd go..

Not far. simple as that. These boards are the priority and if they're not attractive to read for people who come here, then there's something wrong.

if you want to vent something, send a pm. that way there's no post-wasting on the boards.

and please be courteous people.. let's show that we only want to destroy each other in the game, ok ? :D

OOOOO, Could you do that cool thing with the dark letters in one of my posts?Please? :D

Anyway, I'll pm you Rommel to see what you said.

Leon, when do you see the Senate being formed?

Soon, my young apprentice... soon.... (kidding) I'll simply reply.

Archived