Home

A proposal for a Senate

Paragon_Leon

Guest Tie Guy

It always has to come back to that, doesn't it Kvan? :D

Anyway, i've already gotten some people from RS.net here, and i don't go anywhere else, so i can't really recruit. Sorry, i would if i could.

Oh, and Rommel, you'll have to ask Leo, but i think that this will be the people's senate, a democracy. The Mods already have enough power, they don't need any more. :D Of course, they could probably post in it if they wantec too, but they won't get a "seat"......i don't think.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

A quick question: will all the mods automatically get a seat?

No, because this Senate will not have anything to do will moderating. In fact, I hope that the mod WILL be able to get a seat, as I'd like to be part of it myself (as a GB player, not a mod)...

Originally posted by Tie Guy

It always has to come back to that, doesn't it Kvan? :D

Anyway, i've already gotten some people from RS.net here, and i don't go anywhere else, so i can't really recruit. Sorry, i would if i could.

Oh, and Rommel, you'll have to ask Leo, but i think that this will be the people's senate, a democracy. The Mods already have enough power, they don't need any more. :D Of course, they could probably post in it if they wantec too, but they won't get a "seat"......i don't think.

Hey I just wanted to see if my input meant anything to anyone, thats all :D

Hey Rommel I don't think that the mods should/would have a seat, this is all about US! If they get involved too much why even have a Senate then?

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

No, because this Senate will not have anything to do will moderating. In fact, I hope that the mod WILL be able to get a seat, as I'd like to be part of it myself (as a GB player, not a mod)...

Tell you what, if I get a seat (which we all know if slim to none) I'll give you my seat and you give me your mod powers?

In all honesty, i think there SHOULD be a mod to keep an eye on how many posts one Senator does during a meeting, if things go o.k. and there's no spamming / calling names / whatever..

It IS a people's forum, it's just that the ones at the top would have to be able to control it with authority.

Guest Tie Guy

Soory for the confusion, it's not like i don't want you on the senate. :D

I just meant that mods won't get an "automatic" seat in the senate. If you want to join i have no problem with that, and i don't think Leo will either, as he's a mod too :D

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

In all honesty, i think there SHOULD be a mod to keep an eye on how many posts one Senator does during a meeting, if things go o.k. and there's no spamming / calling names / whatever..

It IS a people's forum, it's just that the ones at the top would have to be able to control it with authority.

But won't the Chan. have power like a MOD only on the Senate Forum? So he is there to make sure everyone behaves

Exactly. that's the whole idea. The Chancellor would function as a mod for the Senate-meetings. The Senators would do the actual talking. Remember the Senate meeting in Ep 1 ? All Valorum did was give people the opportunity to speak and ask them if they agreed on something. Oh, and he officially announced any motions to make it official.

I'm thinking of doing that, so you can do most of the talking.. :D

Kvan I was just thinking the samething!!!

Why not make the head person a mod that can only mod that fourm.

Also the world has been spered at XWA.net by Aristotle

And just to make sure i have this clear. The Senate will be the gaming rule body of this fourm.

Guest Tie Guy

That's pretty much it.

And Leon, the Supreme Chancellor would do alot of talking too, otherwise having one or being one is useless. Everyone has to have a say in the senate, isn't that what it's about. The Chancellor could just keep the peace also.

Exactly. that's the whole idea. The Chancellor would function as a mod for the Senate-meetings. The Senators would do the actual talking. Remember the Senate meeting in Ep 1 ? All Valorum did was give people the opportunity to speak and ask them if they agreed on something. Oh, and he officially announced any motions to make it official.

I'm thinking of doing that, so you can do most of the talking.. :D

Hiya Wraith never talked to you before! :D

Leon, I think that Sherack would be better for the position, he is nice! Or Chris, he's nice too, but he probably has to much to do ;)

Really though, *I* would have the senators elect a Chan. be it JUST from the mods or not..

....oh your nice too Leon :)

Of course he'd talk too... it's just that his main goal would be to keep the Senate in one piece, have meetings go orderly and have AUTHORITY by being able to correct or even ban wrong-doers.

oh Kvan, glad i'm nice.. :D :D

i'm seriously considering that chancellor-ship... would you think it's a good idea to make it a position that serves for a certain term ? Like, say, half a year ? Then there could be elections for a new Chancellor.... a strong chanchellor... one who won't let.. o. sorry. got carried away there. ;)

Of course he'd talk too... it's just that his main goal would be to keep the Senate in one piece, have meetings go orderly and have AUTHORITY by being able to correct or even ban wrong-doers.

oh Kvan, glad i'm nice.. :D :D

i'm seriously considering that chancellor-ship... would you think it's a good idea to make it a position that serves for a certain term ? Like, say, half a year ? Then there could be elections for a new Chancellor.... a strong chanchellor... one who won't let.. o. sorry. got carried away there. ;)

Yeah thats a good idea, maybe you serve the first term just because , and the next Chan. has to be voted on. Good idea

erm... actually, it's still my proposal..

let's not get carried away too quickly, ok ?? :D

I reckon that with a set Chancellor (who basically moderates and CAN be voted out after his first term) and nominated-and-voted-upon Senators, 5 at first, there's the best basis to get going.

oh, and i was talking to fergie here, not Kvan (but thanks, Kvan)

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Kvan

Leon, I think that Sherack would be better for the position, he is nice!

That's so nice Kvan, thanks! :)

Let's not decide on a chancellor right now. I thought we agreed that we'd let the senators decide on their leader??

Leon, in addition to the "time-limit", we'd let the senators the possibility to pass a vote of no-confidence if they're unhappy with the Chancellor's behavior, just like Amidala did in TPM!

That's so nice Kvan, thanks! :)

Let's not decide on a chancellor right now. I thought we agreed that we'd let the senators decide on their leader??

Leon, in addition to the "time-limit", we'd let the senators the possibility to pass a vote of no-confidence if they're unhappy with the Chancellor's behavior, just like Amidala did in TPM!

oooo....yeah I never thought of that. What would it have to be, 3/4 and the Chan. is gone?

hey, id love to be a senator! :D

What about this idea:

How about each senator is in charge of a type of tactics or something, like one senator could be in charge of attack tactics and another defense, of senators could be for different races. Perhaps senators could have underlings that would report in on new ideas. Well what do you think? :D

Nice suggestion.

The 'underlings'-concept was already part of the first draft..

I'm relieved that i didn't post it already and started polling on it.. that would have cost me a LOT of work..

As far as tactics go; i'm pretty sure most people will be able to give their input on tactics.. maybe it's a good idea to post profiles on certain Senators ? Stating how they're experts in certain fields ? That way, anybody can contribute on tactics, but a few will be publicly known as experts on it.

Archived