Home

A proposal for a Senate

Paragon_Leon

i'm thinking of letting the whole sub-skin 'mod-bashing' thing subside a bit.. there's so much reference to certain remarks now that i feel it would keep surfacing again and again in the forming of the Senate.. and we had the setback in registrants; that could take a week to 'heal'.. I'll try and post the first draft before wednesday though, since i know you're anxious to read it...

:D

take care

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by thrawn12786

hey, id love to be a senator! :D

What about this idea:

How about each senator is in charge of a type of tactics or something, like one senator could be in charge of attack tactics and another defense, of senators could be for different races. Perhaps senators could have underlings that would report in on new ideas. Well what do you think? :D

Good ideas thrawn. It's too bad you didn't get to see the WHOLE thread :( BTW good luck in becoming a Senator :)

Leon, bash, bash, bash ;)

Fergie, I hope that another preview will come out. Maybe it will stir interest in the game somemore?

Guest Tie Guy

Leon is gonna put one out in a little while. I think that he is gonna wait until there are 200 or so members. We an just wait till it comes out.

I was thinking and I had this idea that Mods shouldn't be Senators. They need to devote their utmost to the Senate not to Galactic Discussion where somebody posted "I agree". The only mod the Senate will have is the Chancellor. And he will be mod only over the Senate NOTHING ELSE. So if Leon takes Chan. (which I have no doubt will happen because he has the most experiance) He MUST step down from the Galactic BattleGround discussions. Also it will keep the Senator from having too much power on this site. Power to the PEOPLE!!! I should like to run for Senate of this site. I will devote my time and effort to this site because it is the best place for SW and strategy fans (of which I am both) to come.:vadar:

Originally posted by darthfergie

I was thinking and I had this idea that Mods shouldn't be Senators. They need to devote their utmost to the Senate not to Galactic Discussion where somebody posted "I agree". The only mod the Senate will have is the Chancellor. And he will be mod only over the Senate NOTHING ELSE. So if Leon takes Chan. (which I have no doubt will happen because he has the most experiance) He MUST step down from the Galactic BattleGround discussions. Also it will keep the Senator from having too much power on this site. Power to the PEOPLE!!! I should like to run for Senate of this site. I will devote my time and effort to this site because it is the best place for SW and strategy fans (of which I am both) to come.:vadar:

Yeah, I don't think MODS should be Senators (execpt Sherack ;) )

They have enough to do as it is. Plus I see it as, this is a chance for people who aren't going to be MODs to feel "special" and a part of something.

Guest Tie Guy

Why should Leon step down as a mod if he is the chancellor? He already has the power, the only difference would be the title. He would be able to do the senate stuff and be a mod very easily. It's not like this is some huge job that requires full attention.

One problem we will have is getting everyone online at the same time.

Leon would step down as mod of Galactic Disscussion, Off-Topic, and Developers forums and accept the Chancellory of the Senate. Simply stated. He would rule over the Senate while other delt with the Galactic Battles area. We would still post there. All the time, but the Senators would look to the Senate Forum first.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Why should Leon step down as a mod if he is the chancellor? He already has the power, the only difference would be the title. He would be able to do the senate stuff and be a mod very easily. It's not like this is some huge job that requires full attention.

One problem we will have is getting everyone online at the same time.

Well hopefully when Leon comes out with all the rules, he'll have a set time when they meet (maybe two times) so if people can't make it, then I guess they won't last long as a senator..

It's actually really not that hard if people don't show, it's a MB, the messages will be there when they can get on.

Guest Tie Guy

yeah, but that doesn't make for good debate, maybe we can all agree on a time that suits everybody. Maybe that should a topic for the first meeting, setting up times for the other meetings.

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Kvan

Yeah, I don't think MODS should be Senators (execpt Sherack ;) )

They have enough to do as it is. Plus I see it as, this is a chance for people who aren't going to be MODs to feel "special" and a part of something.

You really like me do you :D

I say chances are equal to everybody. I don't see why mods shouldn't be able to become senators, as it's a completely different job. It's like saying that a musician can't be a poet in his free time.

As far as the Chancellor is concerned, that depends on what role it will play in the senate (that is up to Leon to decide).

As for me, I don't think I'll run for senator after all... with the launch of LucasConsoles.com approaching fast, and school starting the 29th, I'll have my hands full.

Guest Tie Guy

Buy i'm in school, and i still devote a big portion of my time here. Of course, i don't have a major website to help put up.......but you still still run, it wouldn't take up that much time.

Originally posted by darthfergie

172 members so LEON PUT UP THE DRAFT NOW!!!!

I had to remind you or else we'll be at 300 before you do it

Leon's not here. No one knows where he is....I think aliens took him and are probing him....:D

Originally posted by Clefo

Leon might be dead *gasp*

I haven't been commenting on this since it started during my book frenzy. But I think its a grand idea. Maybe it could consist of the top 15 or so posters..

Yeah, well I think at this point we are just awaiting word from Leon. Last time I heard it was gonna be like 10 or 15 but I'm not sure anymore..

Guest Tie Guy

We've had that discussion before i think, and we decided that it couldn't be like that coz it could lead to spamming. Also, i think that there are only gonna be 7 senators, which includes the chancellor.

Archived