object oBastila = GetObjectByTag("bastila", 0);
DelayCommand(2.0, AssignCommand(oBastila, ClearAllActions()));
ActionPauseConversation();
AssignCommand(oBastila, ActionMoveToObject(oK_ROMANCE_BASTILA, 0, 1.0));
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionMoveToObject(oK_ROMANCE_PC, 0, 1.0));
DelayCommand(2.1, ActionResumeConversation());
}

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about all of you, don't worry. Just having a bit of trouble with the scripting and camera angles.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to set the camera to Camera 0, Angle 2 using scripting, do they? That would make it so that I don't have to alter the entire dialog file for Bastila in order to get the camera the way I need it to be.

Edit Or, conversely, does anyone know how to launch another dialog from a dialog or script, then return to the original dialog at a certain point?

Ok, this is strange...

KT says the camera I'm looking for is Camera ID 0, Angle 2, but DLGEditor says it's Camera ID -1, Angle 2...

I'm confused about which camera I actually need, and how to switch to it in a script, rather than modifying the entire dialog tree (something I'd rather not do) for 1, maybe 2 entries.

-1 tells the game use whatever camera it wants. KT's editor doesn't have -1 in the Camera ID widget, but it's probably using 0 to mean the same thing. Either way, it's isn't a particular camera, just a default setting.

If you do need to force it to use a specific camera through a script, there's SetDialogPlaceableCamera. You can't specify the angle from a script though. It'll work for one line of dialog, but unless you're attaching a script to every line in there, you might as well use the CameraID/CameraAngle fields.

I found this thread helpful when I was fighting with cameras.

hmm...

Went through all 6 cameras listed in the git file (according to KT, anyway), and none of them are the camera I want.

Still looking for other options now, though. It may be possible to script my way into using one of the locations that is used, unless I can somehow create my own camera for that module (m12aa.git - same git file for all of the Ebon Hawk modules)

Archived