Home

Whip..?

I figure, "Hey, I'm a noob here. I might as well make a noob thread"... So here it is.

I noticed you guys were working on a whip in this screenshot.

http://ojp.jediknight.net/screenshots/b19.jpg

But I haven't heard or seen anything more of it anywhere else. I'm very interested in this and I was wondering how it's coming along or any details about it? Thanks. :)

Woo Hoo! McBober's here! Yet another great MB2 saberist on these forums! If you see anything you think that is too unbalanced, let us know. Just bare in mind that the jedi in OJP are suppose to be stronger than gunners just like the movies. It should be a proud accomplishment anytime a gunner kills a jedi.

As for deflect, I havent seen such a cvar, but razor might be able to make one.

You're going to have to do something about explosive/radius damage weapons then, they definately give the gunners an advantage, although it is rather more realistic, did you disable the auto-push by any chance?

A tip for you Mcbober, soresu-styled defense or "turtling" as they call it here is a very bad idea for a new player. You wont believe how hard it is to just block all day. We've been trying to keep that kind of behaviour to a minimum.

Dont get me wrong; its very much possible to be a defensive duelist, but the only thing it will get you is an annoyed opponent and a 30 minute duel ;)

You have two ways of blocking saber attacks, either you walk into the slash like you would when you were mblocking in MB or you try to put your saber in the slash's path to block it. The latter can be done using fakes and provides you with nothing but a save of DP. Parrying is what we call the moving-into-the-slash technique, you should start seeing it as your primary means of defense. It's very intensive but the fruits of your labour will show themselves pretty soon as you will see your opponent go into 'bounces' and 'mishaps' in which he gets vulnerable to your slashes.

I love OJP for having such a great fighting system that honors even the Star wars saga's. Saber forms (What? cant a man dream? :p) are more usable than in any other SW game I've played. You decide how, where, and with what attack you win or lose a fight. When I of OJP, I think of the freedom of base, with a new, movie-realistic, active sabering system.

It's very complex, and it will seem unnatural to an MB player such as yourself, but as I tell everyone that I take on a tour through OJP; after a couple of minutes of playing something in your head will just 'click', and fighting will come without thinking. Its hard to explain, but bear with it.

If you have any further questions or you'd like to spar with me some day, I browse these forums each day.

-Paddy.

Archived