Home

FYI on Forum Upgrade on the way...

Guest Aristotle

Guest Redwing

Originally posted by Cmdr. Cracken:

yeah, RS.NET, home of "them". Oh well.

Maybe I'm too used to the small home type feel here, where there aren't 20+ topics a day to go over, and keep them in line.

Maybe.

LOL!! Do I count as one of "them"? wink.gif

It's okay, really, Crackman. While you were gone during the school year topics from the previous 5 days never exceeded two pages. It's only during the summer that there's 5 pages of topics for 5 days. It's just your bad luck to come back now. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Listen guys, I want to apologise for my post yesterday. (Or was it the day before?) I was kind of crazy when I wrote that. It happens when a friend of yours has been in hospital for a week having an operation, come back, found out she had to go back for another operation in 2 days, you're freaked out with worrying and haven't slept in god knows how long. smile.gif

I still believe we should keep this UBB, but I'm not that extreme.

And yes, MadPilot, I am serious about the community vanishing. Well, at least one. The other one took some time. The one that almost instantly vanished was the first forum I posted on regularly, for the old Mac game Escape Velocity, released back in 96. It had the most active MODding community I've ever seen, and I was developing an add-on for it myself at one point. I still have the half-finished file lurking somewhere in the darker sections of the hard drive on my PPC. One day, about a year and a half ago, the forums were changed to a new version without warning, and 95% of the community vanished into thin air, with nothing to explain it. From over 100 regular posters to about 5 in one night. While I'm sure that won't happen here, I'm still a bit apprehensive.

</pointlessrant> biggrin.gif

I, too, hope your friend comes out OK.

Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin:

One day, about a year and a half ago, the forums were changed to a new version without warning, and 95% of the community vanished into thin air, with nothing to explain it.

<small>Great flaming wookiees</small> --They were deleted! Wiped right out of existence! Eliminated from the Matrix!

Now, on to more serious matters:

Originally posted by Poor Bastard:

abvufu.jpg

Hello!

Zoomie, tell me you have a sister. wink.gif

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Thrawn

I must find the perfect Thrawn avatar. Something, that is big, blue, and humanoid biggrin.gif

NO, NOT A SMURF. VERY FUNNY! *smacks whoever comes up with a smurf joke*

Hey GUNNER, you're alive!

------------------

"You'd have to use a ladder to rise to my level of crap!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest garyah99

Hey that other site looks fantastic!! Somebody is going to have to give a crash course to dummies like me for instance; What's an avatar?? How do you use them? where do you find them? Will smilies still work?? Do HTML tags work in posts??

Originally posted by Thrawn:

I must find the perfect Thrawn avatar. Something, that is big, blue, and humanoid biggrin.gif

XXXG-01H2K.G.GIF

Its BIG,BLUE,and humanoid.

Or...

MS-07B.GIF

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist & God of Insanity

[This message has been edited by Commander 598 (edited August 08, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

As a matter of fact, I do have a half sister who's 23 and single, Beastie. She has two kids...and gang affiliations in her past...drug abuse...tattoos...

She's on the phone now and wants to know what you 'strap,' whatever that means. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zoom Rabbit

Perhaps they started the new one, and have this one going in a memory bank somewhere as a 'fish tank' example of a completely unhinged discussion forum.

We'd fall for it, since we always use a favorites bar to get here anyway... wink.gif

Guest Rogue 9

my Avatar is merely the Symbol for the Star Trek: Enterprise biggrin.gif I already use it at Galactic Battlegrouds, mainly to spite all the fans more crazed than me smile.gif

------------------

"Sie werden mich nie zum Sprechen brigen!"

Archived