Home

Kotor II German to English

theevilgoat

I have the german version of KOTOR II, is there any way for me to get it to English?

No one knows? I am living in Germany and bought the game here but I dont speak that great German. I tried to uninstall and install it to see if i missed a language selection, but I didnt see it. If anyone has any idea of what i can do it would be a huge help thanks.

Guest Jolinar.vcf

hmm... I'm really sorry, but there is no way to change the language =(. No way that I would know...

The language part required so much disc place, that it wasn't possible to add some other language. A few months ago I got tired of the German versions, too, so I selled both Kotor and TSL on ebay and buyed them in English on ebay.co.uk ;-)

In my opinion, buying an English version is the only way to reach the English language :-(

there is no way to change the language

Not really. It is possible to make a "text" version (sound will remain German). I believe, replacing dialog.tlk with the English version of this file will make the job done. (possibly, you will need to replace fonts).

It's not very good way to do it (and I'm not sure if it's legal), but it is possible. By such way I once translated bothgames to Russian for my brother who don't know English at all.

Guest Jolinar.vcf

Well, that could be some opportunity...

I didn't take care of the text version, because I thought of all the sound files who are only in one language and who require that disk space :p

But ok... It might work with the .tlk file to change those subtitles...

err.. replacing the dialog.tlk file with an English version (swapping assets) is a no-no here on the forums...

Simple & plain.. yes, you are correct Darth DeadMan, though there's a little more to it, but it's a topic that cannot proceed any further on these forums..

Sorry guys... Jolinar.vcf had it right in his first post..

In my opinion, buying an English version is the only way to reach the English language
Get it legally ;)

Archived