Home

Enterprise

Nute Gunray

Guest garyah99

I agree with K about Voyager and the Holodeck stuff. That was one of the technical glitches they didn't think about. They didn't have enough power for Janeway to have coffee on a regular basis, yet the holdecks seemed to be running constantly. My favourite Episode of voyager was "Scorpion"; the two parter where they first encounter species 8472, and latch on to 7 of 9. My favourite DS9 episode was (don't know the title) the one where they go back in time to the orginal Enterprise and interact with the OS cast in the "Tribbles" Episode. I loved TNG. One of the best shows ever on TV. When they cancelled it, it was still #1 in the ratings.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, the rest of the show wasn't bad. I will watch it again, although I can't see myself going out of my way to not miss it.

I have to agree with the faction that feels that the decontamination scene was WAY gratutious; and although I have no real qualms about looking at a hard-body babe in a tight spacesuit, it seems to me that when we do start to travel space that there will be as many, if not more, Whoopie Goldbergs populating space as there are 7-of-9s. The producers, clearly appealing to the adolesent fantasies of the target young-male demographic, have kind of stretched the realm of believability with the female casting on the last couple of series.

Overall, not too bad,... but I still HATE the opening music. I mean,... C'mon! MAN!

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

In all of human history, both in reality and in fiction, I've only ever found one group that I'd be comfortable in. One group who thinks and acts like I would. One group with the same values and morals. The only organization I'd ever actually be proud to be associated with is Starfleet.

So you'd enjoy being a racist Communist traveling through space spreading selective morality and expanding a martial law system in the name of "progress?"

A civilization where privately owned methods transportation and money are things of the past? Count me out biggrin.gif

Guest Thrawn

I love the drawings of all of the ships that carried the name Enterprise, from the first Baltimore Clipper, to the aircraft carrier of today, to the actual ship smile.gif

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

The really cool (and more that slightly ironic) thing about that is that they always include a picture or a model of the Space Shuttle 'Enterprise' in that type of Star Trek timeline.

But the shuttle was named that way after the original TV show. biggrin.gif

... chicken or the egg?

About Voyager's holodecks, IIRC it was mentioned in an early episode that the holodecks (and probably the Doctor, too) ran off a separate power supply. B'elanna tried to reconfigure it to stretch the other systems, but she couldn't (not without a full Starbase and a few weeks in drydock).

It's a bad design, but what're ya gonna do?

As for the Enterprise theme, I like the opening sequence, but I'm just not too fond of the song itself (except for the first six-or-so lines). They're trying to distance themselves from traditional Trek.

If you watch on a channel that doesn't run adverts over the closing credits, listen to the music there; it's the instrumental track from the opening, without lyrics, and overlayed with a more traditional trumpet score.

I think they're trying to draw on the style of "modern" spaceflight stories, like Armageddon, Space Cowboys, etc. You know, the stuff with the old American midwest Classic Rock themes from the radio.

'Cause, ya know, the American midwest is the entire world. rolleyes.gif

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

'Cause, ya know, the American midwest is the entire world. rolleyes.gif

Cochran WAS from the midwestern US...the invention of the warp drive coming from that region might actually spawn a midwestern american thing everywhere. kinda how the british got like half the planet to speak english.

Guest garyah99

I watched the first regular season episode last night (not counting the pilot of course); very promising! Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I thought the character development of a couple of the supporting cast was very well done.

Guest Rogue15

watched the second episode. the first one wasn't all that great, so we decided to watch the indian in the cupboard instead.

Will any Q's be in this one?

That's what I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember his name.

There was also the race that stopped the Starfleet/ Klingon battle in one episode. (Were they called the Organians by any chance) They were another Super advanced energy race. Then there were the Greek-Gods in that episode. They were kinda Q-Like.

This was a fave Gene Roddenberry theme.

Well at least it was better then TNG enemies, it was either total pushovers, or unstoppable beheomths. There were never any opponents they had to out think like in TOS

TNG Klingons were jsut barbarians, and Romulans were super-secret and popped out to suprise you when they were part of the plot. The cardassians are more like TOS Klingons

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

TNG Klingons were jsut barbarians,

I think you have it backwards; the TOS klingons were clichéed, mustache-twirling villains.

They didn't get interesting until TNG reinvented them and gave them culture and social dynamics.

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

I think that bad guy ship from "Fight or Flight" was one of the single most interesting looking ships ever on any ST series or movie. Something I'm wondering about Enterprise is that they lack replicators (i assume). Does this mean that we'll be heading back to Earth every so often for replenishment?

Yesterday I also saw STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE for the first time in like six years. Apparently I was way too young to previously understand exactly how much that movie sucked.

You mean "Star Trek: The MOTIONLESS Picture" AKA "Where NOMAD has gone before"?

I was about 10 when that came out, and I realized it was sucky back then.

But NOTHING sucked as much as ST 5!!!! What a horrible, embarassing piece of work THAT was!

I sat there in disbelief while watching that the first (and so far ONLY) time. Yeeccchhhh!!!

History of Klingon race after TOS

Once Kronos is destroyed, Pure blood klingons rebel againsts the Klingon human fusions

1st wave they send off all the Barbers... Klingons now haev no way to cut their hair, their temper gets worse now that every day is a Bad Hair day (notice worfs hair is nice and neat.. beacause he learned from humans how to take care of his own hair)

2nd wave, they send off all Dentists... Klingons now have no way to keep their teeth straight, nor anyway to keep proper dental hygine. Halatosis now becomes a way to gain status in the Empire. ANd a form of biological warfare.

3rd wave, they send off all the cooks... Klingons are now force to eat un-cooked food, yet they dont want otehrs to think they are uncivilized barbarians, so they thin "Burning food" is barbaric.. nice world they live in

Human fusions Surrender, and kill themselves because of the horrible beast they have created. Pure blood klingson take power, place forhead crap on thier heads, and now rule the empire... creating a new national anthum

<sung to itchy and scratch theme song>

They fight...

they fight..

they fight-fight-fight-fight-fight

fight-fight-fight

fight-fight-fight

The klingon, im-per-i-um!!!!

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

Yesterday I also saw STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE for the first time in like six years. Apparently I was way too young to previously understand exactly how much that movie sucked.

No, that movie was pretty good. They spent a little too much time showing the ship and V'Ger, but it wasn't bad.

5 wasn't really bad either, in my opinion, until they crossed the Great Barrier.

Archived