Home

A simple question for an annoying situation

DarthJMG2003

hi, my friends, my question is about how many pools of water can be in a map? because when i compile with GTKRadiant 1.4.0 i can only compile one, i have 2 pools in my map, generally the last that i was working on and when i test my map you can only swim in one the other is solid; maybe i need an upgrade for the editor? or maybe only one pool of water can be in a map?

Any help will be apreciated.

no worries mate. You should be able to have many pools of water. Use the bespin water texture in the bespin textures in GTK. don't chalk the sides as some may tell you. the chalk_nonsolid may work though but I find that is sometimes dosen't work that way. Or you could use a custom water texture and shader.

sorry but I don't have info on a custom shader atm...

Thanks, I tried the water of bespin and it woks fine for me, but what if i want to put another water texture? like the slime, in the imp_mine folder; or put the slime that is in the yavin folder, i´m doing a chemical factory with toxic liquids.

I´ve trying to make one with no_draw_slime and the other one with caulk_non_solid, but still the same problem.

Another detail that i forgot to mention is that in one i have many platforms that are inside one pool (and are inside the water) and another have a platform over the pool ( and this platform is not inside the water), maybe any of this platforms is the problem, because in the pool that has the platform over it, sometimes i can pass throw the platform ( like if i make it water) and the water is solid. Strange

Archived