Home

Mandalorian Mercenaries' Armour in K1 and K2

tbl1

This is minor detail but in KOTOR 1 the Mandalorian Mercenaries werent wearing the Mandalorian Armour but the Mercenaries in #2 were. Why?

(Obviously not including the Mandalorians on Dxun)

A Majority of the Mandalorian armor were destroyed after the Mandalorian Wars, so the Mandalorian in K1 didn't have the armor (excluding the scattered Mandalorian on Dantooine, Kashyyk and Unknown World). Someone else will have to fill in for K2.

After five years, it seems like it would be more plausible that old mandalorians would come across new sets of armor, as with K1 the mandalorians were more recently disbanded, and still sore from their loss. Notice also that the mandalorians in K1 who were still hanging on to their old tradition still wore the armor. That is the case in K2: so, perhaps what's really lacking is the presence of "ex-mandalorians".

There would be times to wear Mandalorian armor (if they still had it). If one wanted to be discreet, though (and not frighten away people on sight, or be attacked on sight) then it might be more prudent not to wear it. Take Canderous, for example. He was Davik's enforcer, and while everyone knew he was a Mandalorian, not wearing the armor probably gave him a measure of diplomatic leverage (by "diplomatic leverage" I mean with a gun, rather than people getting so frightened on sight that they just take a pot shot at his head).

Then again, as was already said, it's entirely possible the armor just didn't make it past the Mandalorian Wars. Just thought I'd point out another possibility. Judging from Canderous's personality I'd imagine he'd go back for his armor if Taris was about to be destroyed, so the fact that he didn't leads me to believe he didn't have it anymore. Some less honorable Mandalorians might even have sold their armor to make end's meet -- I'm sure it would have been very valuable.

Archived