Home

OJP SDK Project File Upgrade to VS2005

razorace

I've been thinking about it and I think it would be a good idea to update the project files so that they'll be compatible in VS2005. Right now, the SDK doesn't work in VS2005 without some modifications. I'm concerned that this is going to present an obsticle to new users.

Plus, if I upgrade the project files, it should, in theory, be easier to set things up for use on new systems (assuming everyone uses the same folder locations as I do).

Any objections?

I don't think it will affect anyone that already has it set up on their system.

The current project files on the repository are ancient and won't work "off-the-shelve" anyway. When I do this I'll include my up-to-date vs2003 project files, but they will be renamed and not updated after the switch.

Does anyone know how to open the project and compile it with dev-cpp? Is that possible? ms dev studio (.net 2003) is acting like such a pig. It bogs everything down and after it runs for a while I have to reboot my computer. This is with a G of RAM. Makes me feel like it's 1998 or something.

well you really cant without having seperate dev-c++'s open at once and if u modify a file thats used by multiple ones it will bitch at you to say yes to accept changes in the other windows. its just a hassle, can be done though and u need the gcc patches.

what are the advantages of vs2005 over 2003?

I can't get anything to compile except in Debug mode...if I do, I get the following about 100 times.

error C2059: syntax error : 'type'

game\q_shared.h:1297

I've traced the problem to having something to do with the way that my copy of VS2005 (Express Edition) handles the "VS2005" flag. Apparently, it isn't recognizing it, at least for me.

And yes, I updated my CVS recently. 10 minutes ago. :)

My current goal is to get at least cgame and game to compile to "Final" before I even try to mess with anything.

Oops, I didn't configure the Final build configuration to have the VS2005 tag in the preprocessor. I'm working on changing the project files now.

EDIT: As of now, all the project files have been updated. Update and give it another shot.

• 1 month later...

In each project. Clic with right mouse button, go to properties

then, Configuration Properties / C/C++ / Command Line

and add this in the text area

/D _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE

/D _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE

/D _USE_32BIT_TIME_T /wd4996 /wd4005

That will cut all deprecated Errors and warnings

Search in the Solution about this function "float powf ( float x, int y );"

and add below this "#undef powf" and that will solve the 'type' error in q_shared.h

the last error ur gonna have is about redefinition

locate which variables got Redefined and add this

#ifndef <DEFINITION NAME>

#define <DEFINITION NAME>

#endif

With that, source code works

and add below this "#undef powf" and that will solve the 'type' error in q_shared.h

That didn't work.

I tried this:

#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(VS2005)

//#ifdef _WIN32

//[/VS2005]

//[Test]

//#if !MAC_PORT //This should also work for the MAC port, so I'm commenting this out for now.

//[/Test]

float powf ( float x, int y );

#undef powf

#endif

and I still got the same q_shared.h "type" error at that line. I also tried putting it above it like this:

#undef powf

float powf ( float x, int y );

and I got rid of the type errors for the shared.h but a ton of warnings on other random things. What am I doing wrong?

Ok, I got most of it to compile, but I am stuck at the redefinition part. It says that the part that needed redefiniting is "afxres.h". I ran a search on it and found it in the following places:

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\JK2cgame.rc(10):#include "afxres.h"

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\JK2cgame.rc(37): "#include ""afxres.h""\r\n"

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\JK2game.rc(10):#include "afxres.h"

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\JK2game.rc(37): "#include ""afxres.h""\r\n"

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\ui.rc(10):#include "afxres.h"

G:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Basic\source\win32\ui.rc(37): "#include ""afxres.h""\r\n"

I tried to go to these files and do the redefinition thing, but when I tried to open any of the win32 "rc" files it said that editing is for these files is not supported in VC Express C++. Is there a way around this, or am I screwed?

No, That .rc files are useless for VS2005, Just delete the folders called Win32 in JK2cgame, JK2game and ui projects

step_10_win32_remove.jpg

If we try to compile again our solution, now it will return a new error about a file (afxres.h)

This source is useless for VS8, so we dont need it. And how to delete this error?

Easy, in the solution explorer, delete all the folders called "win32" and the problem is solved

Archived