Home

From a preson who dislikes NJO...

K_Kinnison

Buy balance point.... NOW!!!!

Great ending, very unexpected

kinda makes the war with the Vong more personal. My one complaint is the Lazyness, and stupidity of the Republic goverment, let the governemtn control polotics, and let the military control the military.

Tho near the end, i realized what was happening HAD to happen.... if there is a going to be a end to the series.

Han, Jacen, Jaina, Luke, Mara have major roles

Droma has a minor role, as wel as C3PO, and R2

the Warmaster struts his stuff

Nor Amor shows up where you least expect it.

and you learn a valuble bit of information about the Vong Gods in the book. And things start becomeing more clear.

Well done, this book is given my Force Seal of approvel

hanamaru.gif

um... wrong pic... wink.gif

Guest paulbarnard

problem is the map is the map. it's the one that for the time being is the way it is.

what do you not like about the map?

I have it on reserve at the library, i'm not buying it till it's in paperback. Yes I'm cheap. Oh yeah, and it's not hard to figure out something major happens since it is called BALANCE POINT. It's the climax of the series.

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Damn - Han really hasnt aged well has he, whilst Leia - Wit Woo - she still looks mighty fine. Han looks like the dojo leader from Karate Kid 1 !

Errr - bit of a subject change there.....

I think too many of use oldens are complaining about the NJO series. It wasnt really aimed at us, so therefore we are gonna not take to it as easily. How many times am I gonna have to say this ?

Grow up and act your age........

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

First of all, it is over simplified. In star wars you travel along hyperspace "routes" that have been known and catalog for over 5000 years. as you get closer to the core, you run into Gas Clouds, and stay asteroids. navigating near the core is very difficult, and most ships exlusivly rely on Hyper space beacons to travel from one system to the other.

He is a very well done star wars map (tho unofficial) here

The NJO map thinks that planets are strung like perals on a necklace along trade routes. and is dislike the fact that there seems to be a straight shot from duro to Courscant.. if that was the case, why didn't the republic use that system when they took Imperial center?

Typicall thetre is a star stsyemm in every 5 cubic light years (big guess, but fair assumpiton) light years on average. Our galaxy (which GL used as a model for the SW galaxy in ESB) is over 100,000,000 light years in diameter, and near the core it is esitmated to have a "bulge" that is 10 million light years in diameter. square root of (100 million times 10 million) is about 31 million cubic light years. that meas there shoudl be about 6 million star systems. yet the NJO map and story doesnt take in acount these millions of star systems. you can go from one improtant plaent to the other, and they all have stright shots to reachother.

the X-wing series did a good job with the hyperspace travel. they plotted a course and had to use minor systems to get to major ones.

From WEG SW, Kuat Drive yards had about 4 adjacent star systems.. and 4 hyperspace routes to the Kuat system. no others. now a good navigator could make a 5th one, but it would be very risky.. the "bounce off a supernove or hjit a stay asteroid, it isn't like dusting crops"

I wish the NJO authoers had more freedom on geography, but is seems they are relying on the dumb NJO map to make thier stories

Guest paulbarnard

but that's the problem with any map. It's a 2D representation of a 3D thing. The other thing you forget is that *****y little thing called gravity. Stellar bodies are not static. They drift over time. The other thing is that the 3D to 2D shift distorts something (Greenland on most maps)

the Lay out is correct probably on the map, so while looking down on the NJO map it is probably right but it's relationship in 3D (x,y,z) isn't.

also, i believe the use of the word system is defined by most star wars sources is a solar system (the planets orbiting a star(s), since binary systems in science are more abundant than unitary or trinary). A sector is probably the 5 by 5 by 5 light year volume. That would allow for something like Corellia to be the system with Corellia, Drall, Sacoria, Talus and Tralus and the Correllian Sector to include those, Duro, Sacoria etc.

Oh give them a break. At least it's something.

Keep in mind that Han's also been under a lot of stress.

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Originally posted by Thrawn:

Keep in mind that Han's also been under a lot of stress.

A lot of stress - damn - you make it sound like a bad day at the office !

Its people like you that are bringing down the storylines by SIMPLIFING it all....

Anyone spare us some flak armour...

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

Archived