Home

Handmaiden alignment reset upon loading a save

Boba Smith

This is really bugging me. I've been playing a dark side game, and have been getting annoyed by Handmaidens slow progress, and I've just realized why.

Whenever I load a save, her alignment is reset back to neutral. I had saved when I knew for a fact she was firmly in the red,and when I load that save she is back to neutral. All other npcs behave correctly and don't reset.

Any ideas?

::edit:: just played around with redhawks "mistake correction armband" and I can confirm that her alignment resets when loading a save. Doesn't go all the way, but using the armband I set her to 100% dark, saved, then loaded, and she was at like 75% dark.

What gives? Is this a function of her character, she won't go to the dark side?

Im not sure but it could be affected by her influence with the pc, and when you load a game it just sets her alignment to what it should be based on influence

and she will go darkside, on all of my dark side run throughs of managed to get her dark side mastery

• 2 weeks later...

Similarly, I have had Bao-Dur just on the Dark side of grey, where his appearance changes to look more like Darth Maul (evil black facial tattoo type things going on). When hitting the Black button (X-box) to swap characters and cycling through the party back to Bao-Dur he is now "neutral" again and has regained his standard appearance. Coming out of the party select screen and then going back in again, he has the updated appearance!

Weird.......

• 2 weeks later...
Similarly, I have had Bao-Dur just on the Dark side of grey, where his appearance changes to look more like Darth Maul (evil black facial tattoo type things going on). When hitting the Black button (X-box) to swap characters and cycling through the party back to Bao-Dur he is now "neutral" again and has regained his standard appearance. Coming out of the party select screen and then going back in again, he has the updated appearance!

Weird.......

Yeah, that happens to me too......too bad, because he looks awesome dark.

I assume you're using cheats and/or mods then? I've only encountered this problem using cheats, or when using the KSE.

This problem occurrs when your influence with a character and/or charisma is too high. If your influence is over 100, then this will happen. I haven't experimented with the charisma levels that much, but I find that a charisma of about 30 is a good level.

Archived