Home

Conspiracy Theories

Dagobahn Eagle

Speaking of which in today's paper there was a report that the US worked with Israel on an attack on Hezbollah long before the kidnappings, so they could easier target Iran. Conspirasists: START YOUR ENGINES!!!
All conspiracy theories shouldn't always be consider lies.

But I just don't believe this one.

Speaking of which in today's paper there was a report that the US worked with Israel on an attack on Hezbollah long before the kidnappings, so they could easier target Iran. Conspirasists: START YOUR ENGINES!!!

Thats not really a conspiracy theory though.. everyone knew that.

-

I like conspiracy theories. They are fun and exciting. And I'm used to watching movies and tv shows that almost ALWAYS have a shocking twist at the end... why can't really life be that exciting too?

But most conspiracy theories only show their side of the story.. they show the facts taht fit their interpretatin, but forget about anything that doesn't fit with their view of what happened.

Two of the most famous bits of conspiracy theory evidence are fromt he JFK assasination:

1 - That even a professional sniper wouldn't be abole to make those shots from that location and in that time.

2 - The "magic bullet" theory.

Ask almost anyone about JFK and they'll know about these things. And when you hear them they sound VERY compelling.

But (1) is simply untrue.. oswald DID have sniper training.. but almost anyone could easily make the number of shots in the time available.

Then we come to the problem with conspiracy theories.. all the theories get based on other theories and become more and more theoretical. EG: the only way it becomes hard for oswald to make the shots in the time is if the magic bullet theory is true. Which it isn't.

(2) is complete rubbish. They have used 3d modelling to map the path of the bullets through the car and it fits exactly.

-

My favorite examples of conspiracy theory related to The Matrix and Star Wars. After the first matrix film I read so many deep, in depth analyses of the matrix, what everything meant, what everything symbolised, how it all fit together. And without excetption they were all totally WRONG. They were very convincing though.

Similarly, I remember reading a deeply thought out piece about how the robots in SW were contrlling everything.. but that turned ot to be complete rubbish too.

It is easy to take circumstancial evidence and points A and C and guess what happened in between.. but the odds are that it was just point B.

And all these conspiracies all seem needlessly complicated.. anyone clever enough to have the power to try one of these would know that the easiest and safest way would be the simplest.

Well it was a tantalising little something for those who believe in the Bush\Iarael unholy alliance thing.

Here's a few theories that I think warrent investigating: Princess Diana's death, the two gunmen theory in the JFK assassination, conspiracies to lay the blame of September 11 on America and the trial and sentancing of Schapelle Corby. I clould go into a little more detail of where exactly I have problems (from the footage I see President Kennedy shot twice from opposite directions for example) if you like. Maybe also throw in the allegories of Star Wars and V for Vendetta, and maybe even the talented Natalie Poretman's consistent role of an activist against government or power (Mathilda in Leon, Pade going up against Palpatine in Star Wars and Evey in V for Vendetta).

Archived