Home

LucasArts... unbelievable!

Guest AceAzzameen

Guest AceAzzameen

As if LA hadn't done enough rotten crap to its PC users the past couple years. This one takes the cake though. The one possible PC game to save the sorry sack of ep 1 s**t that has been coming out of the company for 18 months now... Obi-Wan, HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Un-f**king-believable... to hell with LA... I don't want another console game... I doubt I'll even buy another PC game if this is how much they care about us.

Read the article if you'd like, but I'll just copy & paste it right here...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/obiwan/

Following an extensive review of the project and a great deal of deliberation, LucasArts Entertainment Company has ceased development of Star Wars: Obi-Wan for the PC. The expected breadth and scope of the Obi-Wan project could not be met given limitations of technology and the company's recently heightened quality standards. LucasArts is now planning to bring the game and its assets to a next generation console platform. Further announcements will be made in this regard next year.

LucasArts remains fully committed to developing games for the PC platform, as evidenced by its current development alliances with Verant Interactive, BioWare Corporation, and other soon to be announced projects.

We wish to thank our fans for their continued support through this process and assure them that our number one goal is to provide them with high quality, fun games.

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

tiedef.gif

This is scaling from disappointing to outragous. I have my own thoughts about LA canceling this project which I will share later on.

For the time being, I'll move this topic to "SW Games" where another similar topic has sterted by K_K. We can continue this over there.

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited November 22, 2000).]

LA cant HELP but piss people off of late...

1) Obi-Wan is cancelled...

2) (The one I find more annoying) hey ARE rereleasing the trilogy - and the only new stuff is the design (****e in comparison to the original release set) and you now get an Ep2 behind the scenes - BORRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!

Why are they doing this to us - who got George's Dadaughter pregnent ? who ran his cat over ? WHO PISSED ON HIS HEAD FROM ATOP A TOWER BLOCK ?

WHO RAN OVER HIS GOLDFISH ????????

This is NOT fair !!

PS - Soz mods - but it had to be said - no holds barred....

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

This is the most disappointing gaming news I'd heard in a long time. And what I totally don't understand is why you'd take a FPS and develop it solely for a console. The FPS games require a mouse and keyboard combo. I've yet to see any console controller come close to giving you the precise control you can get from a mouse and keyboard. FPS games where born on the PC and they should stay there!

The next thing you'll point out is that this game will be more of a 3rd person game but I still feel the control is better with a mouse/keyboard.

I never wanted it because by the time it came out i'd be watching Ep.2 and wondering when a game for it would come out.

Obviously they had the idea at the last moment and didn't think about Ep.2 running along and then everyone would be thinking:Why the hell did I get this game?!I shoulda waited for Ep.2 games.

Ep.1 is about 2 years old.Why even work with it now when Ep.2 will be along in a few months?Although I would like to have the patches for Ep.1 that let you play as Maul or Mace Windu that were made but LA won't release them.The bastards!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Okay back to the subject at hand.Obi-Wan is useless because Ep.2 is comming along and everyone will want Ep.2 games not Ep.1 games.

My point LA shouldn't waist their time with something that will go nowhere.The'll lose money because no one will want an Ep.1 game so LA should drop it and start making an Ep.2 game like Obi-Wan.

I usually don't even type this much.

------------------

"The only way to achieve true pacifism is through war."

Guest Hans The Great

Everyone should have known that this was going to happen when LA started pushing the release date back, again and again.

It would have nice if LA released Obi Wan this year, on time, on a PC platform. It is now going to be condemned to console Purgatory, as an over-simplified shooter. All LA wants is the $$$$$, customer loyalty and satisfaction are not a consideration. Wow, they used to make such great games too.

It was serious crunch time for LA earlier this year on Obi. My guess is they had to be done by a certain point, and if they didn't, then they were to stop the game. \

The time period the game is set in should make no difference. A lot of us still want Classic trilogy games, though Ep II is soon to debut.

Also, there have been a lot of internal problems of late at LA. Rumor has it that Shaw might soon be leaving as well, leaving LA an empty shell of its former self.

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

• 1 month later...

If you want a good FPS, or like Star Trek

(STAR WARS IS BETTER, DON'T THINK I'M SOME KIND OF WEIRDO), then get Elite Force. What could be more fun than killing Neelix!

---------------------------------------------

Archived