Home

Force Commander

Guest Derrek Vri

Guest Derrek Vri

Here's a warning to any Star Wars gamer:

DON'T BUY FORCE COMMANDER!!!!!

There are too many bugs, it won't run right unless you have a P600 (it recommends a P 266), the 3-D graphics (believe it or not) become a pain in the neck, and over all it sucks!!!!

"Don't make the smae mistake I did!"

It runs fine on my P-466. The graphics are more realistic, and I think it's good. How far have you even got?

If you're into RTS, get it. If you really like SW-get it. If you're an idiot-don't.

Besides, why take advice from someone who can't spell.

[This message has been edited by Deac (edited February 26, 2001).]

Guest Rogue15

by the way, i bought it, and i AM a star wars gamer, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE force commander, so shove your opinions down the toilet!

Guest Rogue15

i think air units are easy, of course that's cause i'm playing as the imperials and build alot of at-aas.

Guest Scoundrel67

Sorry you disliked FC so much, but that's what you get when you don't bother to read reviews at dailyradar.com or gamespy.com

Overall, I'd rate FC about 70 on a 0-100 scale. They started out with a 2D setup and switched to 3D halfway through the development cycle. This led to a number of quirks that you'll just have to get used to I'm afraid. I've critiqued FC in the past on this site, so I won't further belabor it's shortcomings--and there a number of them.

Just leave the camera in the 3/4 look down mode and it won't present any problems. Be thankful that we at least have FC because the dodos at Lucas Arts don't seem to be interested in providing quality games for the PC market any more, just emptyheaded fluff for consoles.

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Guest Scoundrel67

As a passing thought, FC runs reasonably well on a 1998 Dell Pentium II 350, 128M ECC RAM, and an 8Mb nVidia TNT2 video card. Turn up the fog of war and leave the resolution at a lower setting to avoid choppy frame rates. If the performance from a Pentium 3 class machine like yours isn't up to snuff, you're either running an inadequate video card (like mine), or you have all options and resoultions cranked to their maximum settings and being fed to a 19-21" screen. Back off and the frame rate will improve.

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Guest Scoundrel67

Are you still out there, Derrek Vri? What has you so frustrated with Force Commander?

------------------

Guest Rogue 9

I have decided too bother people who didn't like FC

<EMBED SRC="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/Imperial_March_Rage_Mix.mp3" AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=TRUE Height=55 Width=100>

</HTML>

------------------

Leader of 3 Flight

IAN_CDT_Rogue9, RA_Rogue9

Guest Rogue15

lol i thought the 3d view was the best thing about force commander. the thing i didn't like was the requirements, but since my parents have a pentium 3 with 128 megs of ram it runs fine, i just needed ONE more meg of ram to get it to run on my cpu, and that upsets me.

Archived