Home

New Kotor 2 heads for PC.

Ham22

Is there anyway of creating new heads for the playable character? I never liked any of the orginal heads for TSL. Or even converting the heads from Kotor 1 to 2? I appoligise if there is already a mod for this, but I have looked around and i can't find any, If there is already a new male head selection with DS transitions can somebody please link it? I am aware this is a request forum, and this kinda is a request, if it is possible to make.

Thanks, Ham.

yo, yes you can create new playable heads for the pc charachter, there are quite a few of them about including anakin and obi wan heads, if you hava look over in the holowan labs forum there are tutorials on creating heads. you cannot copy anything over from one kotor game to another as this is illegal. you could however design a head inspired by the original pc heads.

there are heads with ds transitions avalible, and i will go looking for them now for you, normally i would direct you to pcgamemods but the site is down at the moment, and were not sure if it will come back, which is a shame as it was the largest database of kotor mods

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Player_Character_DMHC02;66224 is one of the heads avalible have a look around the site and see if there are any other skinds you prefer/like

Thanks jonathan for the info, i appreciate it. Okay I am using a .2da tutorial to make my own appearance, however I don't want to use the Twi'leck head example in the tutorial i want to use the head of the Telos assasin pretending to be Batu Rem. But there are soooo many tpa files when using kt. Can anyone help me find the right appearance? And perhaps guide me to a tutorial on how to do DS transitions?

Thanks, Ham.

EDIT: Or if some kind person could just make me an appearance, basically a new PC with the head of the Telos assasin and DS transitions. Thanks.

Help me! I tried to use the deciple head and followed the tutorial to do it, i did exactly what the tutorial told me exept i used the disiple tga, mdl and mdx files instead of Twi'leck, It ended up like this??? Any suggestions?

what.jpg

What the hell???

I think what happened is you accidentally made the body model into the head model in appearance.2da and heads.2da, or, more likely, accidentally extracted the body model and gave it the new head model name. I've ended up with wacky stuff like that when I was making one of my mods, and those where the files I was tinkering with and mistakes I made. I don't recall off hand what Disciple's head model is named, but for the sake of example, pretend it's named DiscipleH.mdl, if you accidentally extracted his body model (pretend for example it's DiscipleB.mdl) and renamed it DiscipleH.mdl, something crazy like that could easily happen.

Oh right!!! Well there is two sets of mdl and mdx files, p_disciplebb.mdx and p_disciplebb.mdl as well as, p_discipleh.mdx and p_discipleh.mdl. I know what i did wrong like you said i changed body to head, but i don't know how i could fix it what would i put in heads.2da and stuff??? Its so confusing.

p_discipleh.mdl and .mdx would be his head. One thing you can do is re-extract the head files and name them whatever it is you have in heads.2da, and make sure you have the right textures to go along with it. That should fix it.

Just make sure the name in heads.2da matches the name you give the head model, and that the name for the basic clothes model in appearance.2da (texb and modelb) are the same for the body model. It's kinda easy to get them confused...goodness knows I struck terror into my own heart accidentally putting Bastila's body on someone's head a couple times :) If it helps, take notes on what you named everything.

As far as the goofy looking clothes, that often happens with PCs in K2 that don't use the default clothes model. It won't affect the game once you you get basic clothes to wear, and sometimes K2 will load up the new PC's basic clothes model and it will look right.

That's a texture problem. You've got a texture extracted for the head model that won't map onto it properly. Looks like Disciple's head, so if you want your new PC to use Disciple's head model but have black hair, you need to extract Disciple's head texture and edit it (or them if you want the DS transitions). I think they're called p_discipleh01, p_disciplehd1, and p_disciplehd. Anyway, something similar to that. You need to extract them as .tga files and edit them with a graphics program that can handle .tgas.

Then, in heads.2da, when you have the .tgas edited the way you want, then in the headtexvvve - headtexe columns, put in the name of the DS transition texture files. If you don't have DS tranitions, put the original texture name in all of the headtexvvve - headtexe columns.

And make sure the new head texture has a similar name to the head model (p_discipleh model and p_dicipleh01 texture, for instance.)

Edit: If you want to get into serious repainting, check out the tutorials on UV Maps and such. It's above my head, but if you want to do minor repainting, you can run K2 in windowed mode or alt+tab out of it with the new texture in Override to test how it looks--just put a new version of the texture into Override until it looks the way you want. But the texture used on Disciple's head model has to be a repaint of Disciple's textures if you're staying out of the remodeling end of the modding pool. That doesn't mean you can't end up with a new texture that doesn't even resemble Disciple, since there are textures in K2 that use Carth's head model but look absolutely nothing like him, it just means the hair, face, nose, eyes, etc., all have to be in the same place as in Disciple's texture or they'll remap all over the place.

But I have done that, the texture is the edited disciple texture and i have made dark side transitons and know how it all goes together d1 d2 etc. But... for some reason the head is like that. Even though its the right texture and everything.

Arr, hmmmmity. The texture didn't accidentally save upside down, did it? Sometimes I've seen the textures flip in Kotor Tool. Or, when you repainted it, you didn't move anything, just repainted?

It's possible you might need to use MDLOps renamer function to get your new texture to take properly.

If none of that's the problem, I'm afraid I'm out of my depth; using Disciple's texture should have worked, unless anything got moved in the texture. Does it look like that if you start a game?

I dunno if it'd help, but could you post one of the new textures? Might help to get a look at it and narrow down the problem.

You can send me the .tgas. I can't garauntee I can sort it out, but I can give it a try. PM me and I'll send you my e-mail if you want me to try to figure it out.

Edit: Agh, Di's not wanting new textures on him, I don't see why that wouldn't have mapped right on him. When you get back to it, use MDLOps to rename the new Disciple-based head model to have your texture name in it instead of P_DiscipleH. That should work.

(Edit 2: I got your PM, if you can send me the files I asked for, hopefully I can figure it out and tell you how I did it. I'll give it my best shot.)

Eeesh, no wonder the new head was giving you headaches!

Happily, you were on the right track. The only thing you need to do to heads.2da is in the column alttexture--change the letters to ****. That's why it was mapping wrong--it pulled another texture from the game instead of your modified Disciple's. If you had been using a less intractable head model, that's all you would have had to do to get it to work right, except for neeing to take the portrait pics.

However, there is one thing I couldn't work out--I couldn't get the Disciple head model to use anything but Disciple's regular texture. I tried renaming the texture it called with MDLOps, but ack! He turned into a statue. So that won't work--at least, I can't get it to work (does someone with way more knowledge than I have about renaming and hex editing knows how to do it without all the animations dropping?)

So--if you want to use it as it is, you've pretty much got it, but you'll have to name the new textures P_DiscipleH.tga and so on so it replaces Disciple's textures, which will, in a round about way, give you your desired paler, dark-haired Disciple-based PC. Since it's a male PC, it's not like you'll deal with Di much, so that may not be a big deal really...just keep it in mind if you want to play a female Exile, so you can pull the new Disciple textures out of Override if you want him to have his regular coloring.

I tried to use Di's base model for clothes since you sent a slightly greener version of them, but I couldn't get that to work unless I set the new PCs race to P_DiscipleBB, modelb to P_DiscipleBB and texb to ****. Again. if you do this, it will replace the real Disciple's clothes with your new texture. I don't think this will cause problems with Disciple in the game, but I can't be sure. It might be safer to use the N_CommM clothing.

Archived