Home

mod install glitch

RC-1162

ok, ive been playing SWBF for a while now, and i'm starting to get a bit bored playing through the same maps again and again, so i DLed a few mods and installed them by creating a "AddOn" folder. the only thing is, now the game doesnt run. it says something about a C++ error and a buffer overrun is detected. i deleted the "addOn" folder and things are back to normal. can anybody help? there are a load of good mods out there and i'd really like to try 'em.

You shouldn't have to "add" an AddOn folder, it should already be there. If not, you might be playing the original 1.0 version, which doesn't support mod maps. You need version 1.1 to 1.3beta for that. If you can play Jabba's Palace, you have an AddOn folder, as this is the only "official" map add on LA released. Install your mod maps to that same folder. And install ONLY the mod map folder. If your zip file came with any other extras, like a read-me, screenshots, etc....make sure you DO NOT place these in the AddOn folder, or you'll run into serious gaming problems.

Hope that helps.

Archived