Home

Dark Empire SPG

RoskovSPG

Dark Empire SPG TEAM proudly announce a mod for Empire at War based on the popular Comics book series Dark Empire*. Our Team is compose of some of the most popular EAW mod builder: Sonic0 (A Galaxy divided), Jz-515 (SSD Improved And Balanced), Roskov (Starwars SPG ) we got great modeler who collaborate with good mod as Codeuser and Magna Mandaloe.

Our goal its to bring you six years after the battle of Endor where a new threat has arisen from the netherworld of the Force. Emperor Palpatine slain at Endor has arrived at Byss to conquer his empire back. His new vision is to ruled by his will of the Force. Byss was his test zone. Now he plans to rule the Galaxy with his new vision of a DARK EMPIRE.

You can get more information get more information about this mod on our website and our forum and see our new trailer.

You may now proceed in our world:

http://pages.videotron.com/starwars/

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Dark_Empire_SPG

Roskov, Mod Team Leader

Kelathin, Mod Team Co-Leader

* "Dark empire" and all related marks are property of Darkhorse Comics, Inc. All rights reserved. The people at Darkhorse Comics, Inc, the creators of "Dark Empire"and all pictures, logos, persons pictured or mentioned on this site DO NOT ENDORSE, SANCTION OR AUTHORIZE ANY MATERIAL PRESENTED.

world%20dev.jpg

eclipse.jpg

sovereign.jpg

kwing.jpg

ewing.jpg

mc90.jpg

mc80-1.jpg

Sonic0 worked on the wd effects.... and yes it suck up things like fighters etc....and its spawn fighter...but for the moment it doesnt eat ground.... wee willl see how far we will go with this unit .... but the actual effect is quite impressive....lol lol

Off course that turret rotates, there is no point in having a turret anywhere on a bomber, if it can't rotate since the piolt won't bother trying to use it. The turret actually isn't placed much worse than the top turret on a B-17 and the only reason it is worse is the forward section is sunk.

well yes the concept of a turret is a movable weapon but unless an enemy craft is in an elevated position (what is elevated or higher is space :p?) then the guns wont be able to hit it; even a craft flying dead level behind it is safe. It has pretty limited side fire arcs too. Meh, I'll stick with the Y-wing. At least its turret works ;)

well yes the concept of a turret is a movable weapon but unless an enemy craft is in an elevated position (what is elevated or higher is space :p?) then the guns wont be able to hit it; even a craft flying dead level behind it is safe. It has pretty limited side fire arcs too. Meh, I'll stick with the Y-wing. At least its turret works ;)

....... On EAW the Y-wings don't have turrets..... :)

....... On EAW the Y-wings don't have turrets..... :)

They do in my mod! :) Full 360 degree fire arc, as they were supposed to have. I think originally they were supposed to be 2 man craft too.

As for the DF troopers; bad guys wearing black at last! :) Joking. I like the stormtroopers in white but those models look bad-ass.

They do in my mod! :) Full 360 degree fire arc, as they were supposed to have. I think originally they were supposed to be 2 man craft too.

Ahhhhhh, that's cool. It must help defend the ship from TIE fighters better huh? You'd think it would

As for the DF troopers; bad guys wearing black at last! :) Joking. I like the stormtroopers in white but those models look bad-ass.

Yeah they do, can't wait till the mod's out!

we will release the mod in three version...

First: Dark Empire I (due date: before FOC...) unit from Dark Empire I and more...

Second: Dark Empire II (due date: ?????) unit from Dark Empire I and II and more...

Third: Dark Empire III ((due date: ?????) unit from Dark Empire I, II and Empire's End

As im not back on AOSW i think i'll help.I have decent skinning talents(but i need a skin template ) and im skilled at modelling without going complecated like UAW unwrapping or animating .I've done a little bit of unit coding,but all ive done so far is balancing custom units that i DLed and im pretty imaginitive so i can do concepts.

(if someone would tell me how to animate and/or uav unwrap PM me)

EDIT:

I made a model called the Harbigner class Super Star Destroyer.

I have a picture and a discription to show you.

harbignerub5.jpg

SPECS:

LENGTH:45 KM

HYPERDRIVE CLASS 10

INTERDICTER FIELD ON COMMAND TOWER

506 TURBOLASER BATERIES

258 HEAVY TURBOLASER BATERIES

56 HEAVY ION CANNONS

6 HAGNARS

104 TIE FIGHTER SQUADRONS

150 ARMORED VEHICLES

30,000 STORMTROOPERS

40,000 CREW MEMBERS

DESCRIPTION:

The harbigner SSD is a gigantic "super ship" covered in turbolaser bateries,ion cannons,and armor. The hull plating is 8 meters thick in most regions,except for the command tower where it needs the thin plating to monitor tactical situations. from the many viewports. The shield generators are unusualy shaped triangles. Many flaws that are visualy recognised have been changed. It appears to lack a gravity well generater,but their is one on the command tower that looks more like a shield generator.The development and design took over 10 years.The contruction,over 20. But the final results were catastrophic to any enemy.The "hammer" on the front is made of cortosis-one if not the most strong metal in the galaxy-and is used to ram the ship into moons if the planets their atacking dosent surrendy. Either the moon rams into the planet,either the climate turns the planet into mass chaos.If the planet is small enough,it will instead ram into the planet.

The harbigner is yet to be seen in action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Minor update, the Eclipse was redone by Kelathin.

Here's a render, it isn't completed yet so don't fret too much.

Should be up soon enough.

Here is imaged:

essd.jpg

Skin is enhanced previous one and it differs because orginal eclipse was reskinned by roskov, thus the color black couldn't be used it doesn't show without correct shader. Black is a true terrifying color not dark purple

This also has red dot in the front and the bridge has lights if you could see it from the render.

Anyone have any suggestions on hardpoint number?

This will have death animations unlike the previous one

visit Dark Empire forums at

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Dark_Empire_SPG/index.php

• 4 weeks later...

DARK EMPIRE SPG.

Dark Empire SPG is hosting a grand competition with many types of entries. All entries are encourage and all modders encouraged to come. The Grand Prize is Dark Empire I and Dark Empire II comics and private section on the Dark Empire SPG forums to see previews of Dark Empire. All entries become public use and anyone can use their creations for public or private use. There are 4 categories and you are allowed to apply 3 individual entries per category, any extras will not be graded and just open to public usage. 4 categories are Xml based mods, Concept art, Reskinned units, and finally Models. I hope many of you will enter and try to raise this community standards so that everyone can enjoy your work. All entries are encouraged. Post your work on Any DE thread or on our forums, and one of the judges will pick it up.

This is an excellent chance for everyone to show their stuff. If, you've always doubted you could be on a large mod team, like AoSW or LoW, show your stuff, and let everyone appreciate your skills. I can't make promises, but I can tell you, The large teams will be looking at your work, maybe they'll want you. We're all looking for some fresh blood.

Come participate in Dark Empire SPG competition. Remember This isn't for Dark Empire SPG.

This is for YOU.

Minor notifications:

Please note all work must be yours except for the xml based mods which can use models and reskins from other sources as long as your provide carbon copy of original authors permission, allowing them to become free release. We will not accept any ported materials from outside games and if another member notices your stealing and can prove it, you shall be disqualified and cannot participate any longer. Any open source models, such as Warlords are considered to be reskin entries. Mod Team members are not allowed to submit their work unless they have Mod-Leader permission.

Sincerely,

Kelathin

Archived