Home

Dark Side Ambiguity Dilemma - HALP!

PsiKnife

I love playing the Dark Side but it's far more confusing than the Light in KotoR II TSL. What I see as possibly the most ambiguous and perplexing aspect of KotoR II TSL - The Dark Side.

If I'm working on my Sith Lord and going as evil as possible everywhere, why am I fighting Sion and Nihlius in the end of the game? Who should I support? Can I not join the Sith? It's weird because I want to join them yet I'm fighting them, and its further compounded by my wondering if I should embrace the force or not, and if I should fight to keep the Republic or not and if so for who.

And if I can't join the Sith where does that leave me? Should I be trying to fight for the Republic but against the Jedi? Should I try to embrace the force or run away from it?

Thx if you have any suggestions.

Well, if you were a Sith, your goal WOULD be to kill all other Sith, unless they supplicated themselves to you. You would need to solidify your power, and the only Sith you might not want to kill would be your master, until you learned all they could teach you, or anyone who made themselves your servant. The Sith don't share power, it's against their teachings. Also, Sion and Nihilus are trying to kill YOU, making it pretty hard to join them.

Just keep going along with the Dark Side story, and it'll work out in the end. In KotOR I you technically weren't a Sith until Malak died, so I wouldn't worry if you're not one now.

Yeah, I'm trying the play it by ear approach. The thing is, I already beat the game with my first Darkside character, but failed to get all of my force powers or even convert any of my party to prestige. So now I'm working on a new Darkside guy but I want to get it right this time. The last one ended weird, with me abandoning the force altogether and jumping from side to side within the Republic and eventually against it.

I just wanted a plan this time around, but it's not so easy to acheive with the Darkside. With another character I have (light side) it's been going smooth all the way, I know that I want to return to my Jedi ways, make ammends with the council and support the republic.

The Darkside path just isn't so black and white in this game. Very "grey".

Interesting. I didn't have the same experience during my DSM play-thru of TSL. The way Achilles' notes the types of influence in his guide it seems like there are psychotic actions (you just kill people for the thrill of it) and cunning (you look for ways to use and abuse people). Of course you could use a combination of the two approaches as well I'm sure since they both net DS points.

but failed to... even convert any of my party to prestige.

HINT:

Only the PC can convert to a prestige class. It's your NPC's like Atton, Disciple, Handmaiden, and Mira that you can train as Jedi. But none of them or the existing force-trained NPC's like Kreia and Visas will ever achieve a prestige class.

Unless you cheat of course. ;)

Well, if you were a Sith, your goal WOULD be to kill all other Sith, unless they supplicated themselves to you. You would need to solidify your power, and the only Sith you might not want to kill would be your master, until you learned all they could teach you, or anyone who made themselves your servant. The Sith don't share power, it's against their teachings. Also, Sion and Nihilus are trying to kill YOU, making it pretty hard to join them.

That actually clears up some of my confusion with the Sith. I really need to better learn my Star Wars lore and EU history.

Interesting. I didn't have the same experience during my DSM play-thru of TSL. The way Achilles' notes the types of influence in his guide it seems like there are psychotic actions (you just kill people for the thrill of it) and cunning (you look for ways to use and abuse people). Of course you could use a combination of the two approaches as well I'm sure since they both net DS points.

HINT:

Only the PC can convert to a prestige class. It's your NPC's like Atton, Disciple, Handmaiden, and Mira that you can train as Jedi. But none of them or the existing force-trained NPC's like Kreia and Visas will ever achieve a prestige class.

Unless you cheat of course. ;)

I actually meant to write Jedi there, but thx for being discreet just in case.

I think part of the problem is that it seems for the lightside is basically one path to take, whereas for the darkside you can take 3 or 4 paths.

-

Archived