Home

Mega Error

Fate's Decision

So I finally download the tools and find out how they work... and it screws up big time. After munging my map it says "All done, go run SBFII!" so that's what I do. Here I am excited about these tools waiting for the startup screen, and after all the bars on "loading" are filled out so I can skip throught the ads and onto the game... it backfires. It quits. I try over and over and over and the same thing happens. I can't even play SBFII at all much less mod anything on it! Somebody please help.

I converted to version 1.1 and it still doesn't work. The thing that's making it function improperly is called addme.script located in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\POD

When I delete it everything works fine, when I restore it from the recycle bin SBF messes up on the startup screen. Any ideas?

ZeroEditor controls:

This is in the Zeroedit documentation.

Keyboard shortcuts.

You should read and reread the documentation that came with the modtools, especially the "Getting Started" doc.

A,W,S, and D keys: These keys can make you go straight forward, straight backward, and side to side, kind of like in the game.

8,4,2, and 6 keys on the numeric keypad: These keys make you slide forward, backward, and side to side over your map, remaining at the same height.

F and V keys: These scroll your screen up and down.

Arrow keys: These turn the camera right, left, up, and down.

"<" and ">" keys: These keys respectivly speed up and slow down the rate at which you move and rotate (very useful).

I'm trying to paint new terrain but everything is blue and white and nothing I try to paint shows up.

Question:

I uploaded the map into the editor from C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\BF2_ModTools\data_POD\Worlds\POD\world1\POD.wld, but you said it was supposed to show up immediately. Did I load the right thing? This doesn't look like the map I played in instant action.

zeroeditor-1.jpgzeroeditor2.jpg

This is what it looks like. The only thing I get about he documentation is the controls, is there a certain button I have to push in order to paint terrain?

Archived