Home

Mod causing wrong head

Journey_Vao

I have most of Redhawke's and Talchia's mods installed, including Caucasian Mission and Twi'lek mania. Now Mission's head is lena's... I tried removing all of the mods and starting again, but I have the same problem.

if it helps I am using the mission portrait for my own character...may that's just typical of the Twi'lek mania mod? If so is there a way my Character can be caucasian mission and mission can stay blue?

I think I sort of understand the process of making mission caucasian, but when I look it my override folder only a few pieces of her are there, and when I edit them the changes do no appear in KOTOR...is this because I need to start a new game? I don't understand why that would be because the changes happened before without a new game being started...Do I need to open the appearance.2da file, and if so can it be done with the kotor modding tool, or do I need another program, these lists seem to confound me more than they ought to.

Alright let me see if I can assist with this here. If you are making appearance.2da edits directly to the appearance that your character takes then, Yes you will need to start a new game.

But lets backup a couple of steps here. Okay if I recall Talchia's mod it adds the Twi'lek heads into the selectable character list, correct?

I'm not sure if Twi'lek mania has Mission as an appearance or not since It's been so long since I used that particular mod.

Redhawke's Caucasian Mission mod simply replaces the default textures for Mission in clothes and underwear.

However I'm going to try to make things less confusing or maybe more so not sure yet. Go to the Tutorials section and locate my tutorial on creating a new appearance. Take the 2da files from Talchia's mod and open them up in Kotor Tool. Locate the 2da line entries for mission and copy them to the bottom so that we can create a new unique player appearance. Use the Tutorial to help you walk through this process. When you've done this rename the model & texture refrences in the files. I would suggest something simple like changing the prefix "P_" to "JV_". Then copy the caucasian mission files into there own folder and rename them as we have just done "P_" to "JV_". Place these files in overide. Now extract the model files both head and body and make the same renaming changes. Also open up the model files in mdlops and use the renamer function to make the same changes within the model files.(Note this will create new model files that have the same beginning name with extensions added on to them.) Place our new models in overide and delete all of the extra extension stuff out of there name. Make certain to place your newly edited 2da files into overide. Fire up the game and start a new game. You should find the new caucasian mission appearance as a female player provided everything was done correctly.

Alright, here's where it gets complicated.

First thing. I started playing the game anyway and found that mission's head is sometimes the Redhawke Caucasian, and sometimes the lena head...It seems to depend on whether or not she is inside? I don't understand, that seems totally arbitrary...so sometimes it's mission, sometimes not.

Secondly, I tried to alter the file with the mod tool, but it won't open it. It says something about the file being outside parameters? I tried using another 2da editor and it said it wasn't binary. It's weird because I opened other f2da files and they were not what appeared to be binary, but they worked fine.

I wonder if maybe I should try reinstalling completely?

Archived