Home

Armored Jacket

Fjope

This is my first mod so any advice/suggestions you can give will be very appreciated. This mod lets you equip reskinned versions of Atton and Mira's jackets on any of you party members, except for the droids, Bao-dur, Mandalore, and Hann-harr ofcourse. Here's the readme:

Made By: Fjope

==========================================================

This mod replaces the silly Zeison Sha armor with Atton's Ribbed Jacket or Mira's Ballistic Mesh Jacket, depending on whether it’s equipped by a male or female character. All the stats and names are the same as the old armors but the model and texture look different; except for the Zeison Sha Initiate Armor which now has stats similar to Atton's ribbed Jacket and lets the wearer equip a Wrist Mounted Rocket Launcher, a modified version of the launcher is also included.

This Mod will NOT work with any mod that uses the Zeison Sha Armor base! For example if you have the mod "RGB_Short_Robes" installed and set to use the Zeison Sha Armor, you will need to reinstall it to use one of the other choices.

The original Atton texture is included incase you don't like my reskin, but if you don't like the texture for Mira's jacket (courtesy of EmteeMoe) you'll have change it yourself or learn to live with it. ;)

Installation Instructions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just copy everything -except for this readme and the "Original Atton Textures" folder- into your override folder, if you don't have one make one in your Kotor 2 folder, the default location is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override.

If you don't like my reskins you can cut and paste the contents of the folder "Original Atton Textures" into your Override directory, AFTER you have copied everything else, then just click "yes to all" when it asks you if you want to replace the files and you’re all set.

Please note: this mod will not change the way Atton looks in his normal clothes or in his ribbed jacket, it will only change the way the Armored Jacket item looks on him. If you want to change Atton's clothes to my skin you will need to copy "PMBM0X" ("X" being a number between one and six) and rename it "P_AttonBA" then paste your new "P_AttonBA" into the Override folder, and your done.

Uninstallation Instructions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just delete the files added by this mod from your override folder.

Special Thanks to:

Fred Tetra: for making Kotor Tool which made modding fun and possible.

Tk102: For making all those wonderful tools.

EmteeMoe: For letting me use the Mira texture.

Kha: For helping me find the Atton textures.

RedHawke: I, err, kinda barrowed one of your readmes, hope you don't mind.

All the kind people who have made tutorials or helped out a newbie.

How to get it in the game:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can either buy it from Dendis Dobo on Telos, or you can use a save game editor and add it.

Contact me:

If you have any problems or bugs to report you can find me on the Holowan forums at "http://www.lucasforums.com/".

Screenshot:

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scrnshotajam4.jpg

Please Note: This mod doesn't change Atton's clothes by default, so he won't look like he does in the pic unless you equip him with the new stuff, or change his texture.

LucasFiles Download Link:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=1463

RapidShare Download Link, might be down:

http://rapidshare.de/files/28978798/Armored_jacket.rar.html

Just so you know you will need WinRAR to extract the file. Once again I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for helping me out; and LucasFiles for hosting the mod. Enjoy! and please post your thoughts.

EDITED for typos

Lord Ignarnd - It does, doesn't it? But I have EmteeMoe to thank for that great texture I jusr colored it green. :)

Lit Ridl - I didn't use TSL Patcher because I didn't edit any .2da files, and it wouldn't have made a diffrence. It's still pretty easy to install just drag 'n' drop the files into the Override directory and your done. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Ah, looks good!

But great please - may you use TSLpatcher?

It is rather boring to install mods that don't use it, Patcher is really easy and good thing.

It's nice that you like the patcher Lit however not everybody out there should have to use it or be told that there mod or the way they mod is boring because they don't use it.

I have found that many simple quick mods take much longer to build a patcher than it takes the mod itself. This can be a bit of overkill for simple mods no matter what they change. Also not having a patcher can be advantageous to those who are trying to learn to mod. The reason is that it gives you a more direct access to the data fields that are changed and that means you can know how to also craft your own by comparing it to other data fields around it.

Now don't get me wrong for indepth mods that have alot to them such as the HC: DAP or other such mods it can come in really handy as these are larger more complex mods that have had alot of testing which is also going to drive the demand up really high.

I could be just being over sensitive to this however it just appears that you were putting more effort into telling the modder where they went wrong in releasing the mod and alot less into what was good about there mod.

Well, after wrestling with TSLPatcher for something like four hours I suddenly have alot of respect for anyone who uses that monster. :vamp1:

Sorry Lit Ridl, but I can't figure that thing out, and there is no way I'm going to enter in each of those 1200 lines by hand. You can still use the mod without messing up anything that uses Dendis' shop, just don't copy the .UTM. You can find all of the items as random loot, or add them with KSE, anyway.

Archived