Home

mi5/rgmi3

Guest Rapp Scallion

Guest Rapp Scallion

Should we have a Monkey Island 5 or Rom Gilberts version of mi3?

------------------

rapparts.jpg

MI5 Because having 2 of the same game would ruin the series.Because if gilbert made his version of MI3 and it ended differently then people would want gilbert's MI4 version.

I doubt Gilbert would do one anyway.

------------------

Blondbeard.gif

Ron Gilbert wouldn't do it. He's involved with other projects. Besides, I think he wants to distance himself from LEC.

Anyways, it would be great to see Gilbert's vision of MI3. So many new characters were introduced in CMI, the environment had changed, and the artistic view of the series also differed greatly from Gilbert's. It would be neat to see where he wanted the series to go, what characters he would introduce (if any), and where Guybrush would go. It would be neat to see where the series should have gone, and how Gilbert would continue the joke the LeChuck is Guybrush's brother, something totally dismissed in CMI.

------------------

sig.jpg

"I hope I die before I get old." -Roger Daltrey

Monkey island should have finished at the end of MI2, it was the perfect ending to a perfect game. There is no possible way Gilbert could make an MI3! Unless he was really clever in which case he probably could, but he wouldn't want to.

Originally posted by Dinghy Dog:

Ron Gilbert wouldn't do it. He's involved with other projects. Besides, I think he wants to distance himself from LEC.

Anyways, it would be great to see Gilbert's vision of MI3. So many new characters were introduced in CMI, the environment had changed, and the artistic view of the series also differed greatly from Gilbert's. It would be neat to see where he wanted the series to go, what characters he would introduce (if any), and where Guybrush would go. It would be neat to see where the series should have gone, and how Gilbert would continue the joke the LeChuck is Guybrush's brother, something totally dismissed in CMI.

yeah, and the game could start as guybrush being a kid in the big whoop carnival with lechuck as his brother and his mom&dad, and see what that was all about....

------------------

nikosig.JPG

Archived