Home

Monkey 5: new ideas

Guest Rapp Scallion

I have a list. More will come (maybe):

2d vs 3d, mouse, MUCH more mysterious and piraty, the characters like the cover arts of SMI/LR, Not so "funny" if you know (I think EMI was little annoying because it was funny all the time), some really scary moments, a living Guybrush at the end, BIG islands, not modern things that not are jokes, MURRAY, 4-8 cd`s, LeChuck taken more seriously (Guybrush too), Wally, some real secrets, the monkey robot wasn`t the real secret of Monkey Island, NO TOURISTS (I hate them), a cemetery, some REAL voodoo, not so much heck.

-Rapp Scallion-

------------------

rapparts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I want Largo to come back. He is now changed: he is not evel anymore. After a while Guybrush and Elaine trust him, but then he gets possesed of LeChuck because LeChuck is mad at him. He uses Largo's body to re-activate the carnival of the dammed and makes everyone on Melee Island mad at Guybrush and Elaine so that Elaine loses her job. When he's powerfull enough LeChuck releases himself from Largo's body to kidnap Elaine.

Guest The Feral Chicken

Originally posted by Rapp Scallion:

Mouse, MUCH more mysterious and piraty, Not so "funny" if you know (I think EMI was little annoying because it was funny all the time), some really scary moments, BIG islands, not modern things that not are jokes, MURRAY, 4-8 cd`s, LeChuck taken more seriously (Guybrush too), the monkey robot wasn`t the real secret of Monkey Island, NO TOURISTS (I hate them), a cemetery, some REAL voodoo

-Rapp Scallion-

I agree with all of this: MI5 should be more serious, on a par with LeChuck's Revenge.

------------------

feralsigg.gif

I want Monkey 5 to be very serious and piraty.I want it to show the truth life of pirates.I want Guybrush to be very handsome and very tough man.I don't want the other people seeing him like a child that cannot do anything.He won LeChuck.Everyone must afraid of him and behave to him very politely.I really love thinking the idea of a monkey island that the style is like Full Throttle(you know...a big handsome man who doesn't afraid of anything).And Guybrush can have a great style because of his face and his long hair.So make a true Monkey Island with a true hero smile.gif)))

Guest The Feral Chicken

Originally posted by LORENZO:

He (Guybrush) won LeChuck.

Guybrush WON LeChuck? Was he one of the prizes at the carnival of the damned? I'm all of my versions, he BEATS LeChuck. How do you win him? Which game is it in? WHich part of the game?

• 4 weeks later...

Guybrushes Death should be included, it is essential, maybe not, but would be a very fitting end to a comical adventure game series. Just look at One foot in the Grave, the last episode when Victor Meldrews character died that was oh so funny. Okay Guybrush shouldn't die.

Elaine and Guybrush could get a divorce, this could be part of Lechucks evil plan for world domination.

OK, to all you guys who want a serious MI: I don't think it's gonna happen. The MI games are BUILT om humor. You can't just make 4 funny games and then *BOOM* make one serious one. They could make another pirate game, and they could make it more serious (I'd actually like a game like that), but they can't call it Monkey Island. Guybrush Threepwood is the perfect anti-hero, because he like most of us aren't that strong and therefore must use his brains (and that's what we also do) to solve the mysteries. I must admit I kinda liked him as a more adult person in MI 2, but as I also got older I realized that people shouldn't take themselves that seriously. And that's what people want if they want a big, strong, handsome Guybrush. That's because they identify with the protagonist and don't want to be a scrawny whiner. I just think its more fun with Guybrush as he is now..

Guest Rapp Scallion

I don`t say that it don`t shall be funny and jokes and all that!

I just want it more serious.

------------------

rapparts.jpg

Actually my standpoint has changed a bit.. I also think that they could choose a better and more true to life pirate setting. In MI4 I liked Mêlée (notice I spelled it properly) Island because it was true to the setting like MI1 (also because it's always night on mêlée island). Lucre Island, however, I liked in the beginning, but now I can see how cartoony it is (Mostly because of pik houses n' stuff like that). I don't object to it being cartoony (as it is a cartoon-style game), but they could choose the colors more carefully. I REALLY like the way Tim Burton (Nightmare before christmas, Edward scissorhands, Sleepy hollow, Batman) designs buildings and structures (It's also a bit dark and gloomy). But I think they should leave in the comic reliefs.

• 1 month later...

Originally posted by Dainty Gentleman:

Actually my standpoint has changed a bit.. I also think that they could choose a better and more true to life pirate setting. In MI4 I liked Mêlée (notice I spelled it properly) Island because it was true to the setting like MI1 (also because it's always night on mêlée island). Lucre Island, however, I liked in the beginning, but now I can see how cartoony it is (Mostly because of pik houses n' stuff like that). I don't object to it being cartoony (as it is a cartoon-style game), but they could choose the colors more carefully. I REALLY like the way Tim Burton (Nightmare before christmas, Edward scissorhands, Sleepy hollow, Batman) designs buildings and structures (It's also a bit dark and gloomy). But I think they should leave in the comic reliefs.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

i think i will have some potatoes for my tea, with mince, beans, onions, oh and then for my desert i will have..em......popcorn with melted marshmallows on the top. but for my starter i will gave some pasta and chicken soup, with big bits of pasta and chicken, not wee sciddly ones like the cuppa soup. and for a drink i will have some ginger beer, home-made ginger beer. and to top it off with some strawberries and a coke with ice cream on the top. mmmmmmmmmmmm sounds delicious. u wierdos (oops i am thinking outloud again) should try it. it might even be a good task to make all of it, but me being a professional chef.

bmuhaaa

C'mon ppl!

I've seen too many serious adventure games like (Indiana Jones, Broken Sword... etc), so I think Monkey Island is great because it's different, it's not too serious! that's why I think it's one of the best adventure game series I've ever played!!

Also, The jokes were cooler in MI3 than in 4 (although 4 was very funny too)

Archived