Home

how to create a new language

skywalker12

The reason it dosen't appear selectable is simply because the game dosen't have it in the UI selection list. If you open up assest1.pk3, look in /ui/setup.menu and /ui/jamp/setup.menu.

In /ui/jamp/setup.menu, you'll see:

cvarStrList		
		{ 
			English   english
			@MENUS_LANG_FRENCH  francais
			Deutsch   deutsch
			"Español"   espanol
		}

I'm not sure if you need to modify the game source for it though, as I personally don't really need to add any languages :X

--edit--

Looking back, thats for voice. The cvar in question for language though, is

"se_language", atleast, according to the UI files.

it looks like the SDK of raven do not contain any function handling the different file configuration containning all the language variable used in the displayed text...

SO if the game.exe do not read dynamically the different folder containning the languages definition, your new language won't be read and loaded...

but you can overload a defined language

for exemple you take deutsch in all variable and modify the text with a text in your language...

then you select deutsch in the interface after having create a new pk3 containg the modified language file definition

also note, in order for the language changes to work, you need to always have your mod started like this:

jamp +set fs_game "yourmodfolder"

using the mods menu is just very bad. or even loading fs_game from the server without calling +set fs_game from the startup like above.

I strongly feel that the languages are dynamic, and changing the variable "se_language" to the directory name of your language (no special characters allowed), it should essentially work. Perhaps include in your autoexec.cfg file a "set se_language yourlanguagehere", or even in the shortcut? You shouldn't necessarily need to overwrite an existing Language.

Archived