Home

kasykk chewys homeworld in kotor2 idea

mas5acre

Now i got this idea for a mod and i know you cant post content from another game like the modules from kotor1 into kotor2tsl, but couldnt a mod require that a person own both games and that person who downloaded it had to copy their pre-existing game modules of say kasyakk (yes i misspelled it, dont care) into kotor2, with new scripts and story of course provided by the mod. This way you can return to kasakk after the events of kotor1. I mean if the downloadable mod didnt include any kotor copyrighted material, only the new story stuff wouldnt that be okay?

I totally agree, I had always wanted to see all of kotor imported in to kotor 2, I love the first game, but it just lacks so many features I like in the 2nd game..

Its possible, its even legal since you would be required to supply all of the kotor content, but the work involved in such a thing would be substantial..

As for a single level, I bet it could be done, but not many modders are willing to walk that fine line of legality and put Kotor files in Kotor 2..

But I think its completely legal as long as like you said they don't include any copyrighted material.. Just use a highly modified TSL Patcher... That looks for originals and makes the changes to them from .dat files..

I will say this though, for the sheer number of ppl who have shot this idea down in the past due to legality, as I look through all the Kotor 1 & 2 mods, I sure see a lot other copyrghted material being used, FF7 weapons is a prime example, I have seen legend of zelda items in kotor, I have seen tons of copyrighted characters in kotor 1 & 2..

So I dont see the big deal as long as the end user supplies all the needed files...

Anyways,. Im just grumbling, mainly because I too would love to have this, but I have seen the idea shot down every time its ever mentioned.. :(

Welcome to LucasForums, mas5acre! :waive1:

This request isn't entirely possible, though. It's not possible for one person to copy the modules of one game into another, because the models of the modules use different formats. And even if it's one person doing it on their own, LucasForums does not condone the discussion of porting things from one game to the other, even if it isn't included in a mod. In fact, a mod that included instructions for how to port content would likely be shut down by LA.

But do not let that discourage you! It would be possible (but difficult) to create a realistic Kashyyk mod for KotOR II, though it's a very large request for someone to take on.

I'm sorry mas5acre, but even what you are talking is still porting and not allowed here on our forums. We do not even allow discussions of these topics for obvious legal reasons.

Sorry, I have to close this thread. But don't let this discourage you, there are just some lines we do not wish to cross. ;)

Welcome to LF though! :waive1:

Archived