Home

Default attack feat mod?

Kurzon

Is there a mod out there that can enable me to choose which attack mode I want a character to use by default? For instance, if a character has Master Flurry, I want him to use it all the time, because Master Flurry has no penalties. Yet, if I am not controlling the character directly, he often uses the regular attack instead. Or, if I've made him do a special action (Force, medpac, etc) he will use a regular attack on the next round. I'm fed up with having to repeatedly chain Flurries.

Is there a mod out there that can enable me to choose which attack mode I want a character to use by default? For instance, if a character has Master Flurry, I want him to use it all the time, because Master Flurry has no penalties. Yet, if I am not controlling the character directly, he often uses the regular attack instead.

Hmm, that's a good idea. I'll see if I can implement it in the Improved AI mod that I've made (always using Master Flurry instead of standard attacks, don't know about the selection thing.) All NPCs knowing Master Flurry would do the same though, so the game might get a little harder. :)

EDIT: Done. Seems to work in 80-90% of the cases or so. Unfortunately the game engine issues Attack commands automatically under some circumstances that the AI scripts have no control over, so I'm not sure if anything can be done about making it happen with 100% accuracy. I'll test some more to make more sure it has no bad side-effects.

The AI tweak seems to work now from what little testing I've had the opportunity to do. If you want it, you can get this modified version here. Master Flurry or Master Rapid Shot (depending on weapon equipped) should now be used in most cases by those who have them whenever they otherwise would have attempted a standard attack.

If there are any problems caused by this please let me know and I'll see what can be done about it. :)

Archived