Home

The Unofficial Star Wars: Force Unleashed Thread

Monkey Mania

Ok, here is what I gathered so far...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Game Title: Star Wars 07(what starwars.com calls it)

For: Xbox360 and PS3

Setting: Between Episodes 3 and 4.

Scenarios: Star Destroyer crashing onto planet, crushing Imperial Walker with the force, huge battle in Death Star trench on foot, battling dozens of rancor-riding Jedihttp://www.lucasforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2237858#

Locations: Felucia, Tatooine, Death Star, Naboo, Coruscant, Unknown wrecked planet

New Enemies: Black Imperial Guard, New Stormtroopers, whatever is on Felucia, various Jedi.

Technologies: Euphoria, Digital Molecular Matter, real-time special effects by ILM

----------------------------------------------------------------

Euphoria: Realistic AI behavioral system. (characters have a sense of balance now)

DMM: Material Physics (Wood will act like wood, metal will act like metal, jello will act like jello) It will also eliminate "pop-in" created by switching LODs.

ILM Real-time effects: ILM is working with LucasArts to make big-budget movie effects achievable in real-time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This game will be the first in a new release pattern in which LucasArts releases a Star Wars game two times a year. They want the release of a Star Wars game to be a big event.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's getting closer. Perhaps at CES they will make an announcement.

Thanks for the news, Monkey Mania. :)

I hope they get this game to be the best Jedi game ever made; Ep. III: ROTS lightsaber combat, JO & JA quick death strikes in single player, it's acrobatics and the new Force powers this game( Star Wars 07) suppose to have.

:lsduel:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, LucasArts could use E3 2007 to officially announce the game or they could use a different gaming convention. Celebration IV isn't a game conference though, it's a dedicated Star Wars convention put on by LucasFilm. You can see a LucasFilm press release about Celebration IV here.

Has LucasArts ever announced a game to Hyperspace members only? I fail to recall if they have. Sure, those of you who are willing to pony up the money for a Hyperspace membership get exclusive content and stuff that the rest of us cheap schmuck's don't get but when it comes to an official game announcement I'm pretty sure it will be made publicly, not to Hyperspace members only. ;)

To cutmeister:

Where did I say the announcement was going to be for Hyperspace members? Either it will be announced on the site or at a gaming convention.

----

I feel this game is going to be very special. This is definitely not an ordinary Star Wars game. LucasArts is aiming it to be the best Star Wars experience yet. You can see as they are using the latest in videogame technology such as Euphoria, exclusive rights to DMM, their new in-house motion-capture studio, and the partnership with ILM. Steve Sansweet says this game will have "astonishing revelations," so this isn't going to be some "rebel-come-jedi story about revenge." It has the potential to be the Star Wars game fans have always dreamed of.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived