Home

Email Reactivation... at the speed of turtle.

Charamei

Okay. So, I sent someone a PM, then turned on email activation. I then remembered that I was last here quite a while ago, and have since changed my email; so I went to alter it.

Needs to be reactivated. Fair enough.

I've now been waiting nearly an hour for that email... and what LucasForums failed to alert me to was that I would be locked out of my PMs in the interim. They also failed to mention that I would be UNABLE TO POST IN THE SUPPORT FORUM.

I know that my email is correct, because I have checked and double-checked it. Finally, I resorted to making a new account - this one - which, of course, activated nice and fast - to complain. Because my main account can't post in the Support forum while I'm waiting to reactivate my email. Which suggests, by the way, some of the most disgraceful 'support' I've ever seen.

A little hint for the staff: you never, ever, lock anybody out of the Support forum. Ever

Aside from the fact that somebody has probably, by now, tried to reply to me and failed, I'm suddenly very glad that I don't come here often. Too much hassle.

This isn't really something you can blame on the staff here. They did not code these forums themselves - they are powered with the widely used vBulletin

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited

Any problem like that is likely to do wiith the forum software itself, not with the administrators here.

Even though it is perhaps an issue that guests can't post in the support forum, I'm guessing maybe it could be to do with spam bots...?

Are you sure you checked your spam/junk mail folders too for the activation email? What email provider are you using for that account?

Same person, third email account, finally activated.

This isn't really something you can blame on the staff here. They did not code these forums themselves - they are powered with the widely used vBulletin

Any problem like that is likely to do wiith the forum software itself, not with the administrators here.

Perhaps. I'm not experienced with vBulletin, but my experience with other forum software (PHPBB and Ikonboard) would suggest that any board software worth its salt will allow admins a modicum of control over posting permissions.

Are you sure you checked your spam/junk mail folders too for the activation email? What email provider are you using for that account?
Yes, I checked them; the email provider is Hosting4clans, whose server is quite definitely up right now.

Anyway... it's activated now. Not with the email I would have liked to activate it with, but it'll do.

Thank you for your reply.

EDIT:

Even though it is perhaps an issue that guests can't post in the support forum, I'm guessing maybe it could be to do with spam bots...?
It probably is; however, I think the need to provide support is slightly greater than the need to avoid spam. What happens if the problem is that a person can't log in?

I'd rather see 'Lucasforums: A bit of spam in the Support forum' than 'LucasForums: No spam, but you can't get support', personally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived