Home

tanks running over people

JediMasterEd

That depends, Most of them are repulsorlift vehicles, and would cause no damage.

ie Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM, the Droid carrier rolled right over him and Jar Jar without a scratch on the both of them.

The unfortunate problem of Star Wars RTS, Repulsorlifts, no crushing damage! Need more tracked vehicles! More blood, guts, and ...... I digress.....

:p

Originally posted by edwardc87

what are your thoughts of mechanical vehicles haveing the ability of running over people(infantry)?

OH YEAH! You bettter be able to do that! I loved doing that in Dune 2000!

Lucasarts have always avoided visible bloodshed in the movies, and even an FPS like Jedi Knight.. I don't think you'll see that happening. It's not in the AOK-engine as well, so..

if it would be done, i doubt you'd be able to see a pulp of any kind. maybe they could run over droids.. that doesn't bring an ethical problem.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

hey Kvan, you posted at the same time and probably missed my post, it explains why alot of the tanks and such will unfortunately not be able to. :(

But don't the imps have AT-AT's and the like(ie Chicken Walkers, Juggernauts)? So they could STEP on them at least :D

Guest Dorsk8199

You are correct Lord JayVizIon. I knew I had read the same thing somewhere. So I quote "Note that troopers in Battlegrounds cannot be overrun by armored vehicles, though they will still be vulnerable to them. " This is from the gamespot preview. Direct link is http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2798825-3,00.html

Sorry to spoil the fun.

me too ! :D :D

that's company policy allright. if you want a game to have mass appeal, you need to make barriers as low as possible. Red Alert got altered for the German army because they didn't want tanks to run over people. so they changed the people into 'cyborgs'.

yuk.

Guest Tie Guy

I just wanted to add two things.

1: JKII will have blood in it. You can see it quite well on some of the newer screens and movies. I think they are at gamespot.

2: There are treaded tanksin th game, and it is plausible that people could be run over, but, i guess they won't be.

I remember a certain Aunt and Uncle getting BBQ'ed so whats the big deal about running over people? I guess I'll never understand you people....:confused:

Archived