Home

Bioware or Obsidion?

Darth_Nihl

Obsidian definitely rules as far as storylines are concerned. They did a fine job of it all, especially with the way the story is presented.

But I would prefer Bioware, because they made the engine from scratch and worked the most on it, and the best. Obsidian just tweaked a bit on Obsidian's work. IMO, a team-up of Obsidian and Bioware will own.

I also prefer Bioware since they did the original game. Obsidian did a good job but Bioware came up with the idea of Kotor so they would know better were the series should go. However Bioware didn't develop the engine from scrach it was a new version of he Aurora egine used in Neverwinter Nights.

I really think it's difficult to compare...

I like KotOR a little more than TSL, but mostly because TSL was slashed horribly by all the cut content. Had the game been complete according to Obsidian's own plans, then I would definitely have said TSL, because I liked the plot better than KotOR, which was very simple, straightforward Star Wars. TSL was a little more ambitious and daring in both plot and tone. However, I have to choose a finished product over one that is semi-finished and then rushed out the door.

But it also means I prefer Obsidian over Bioware, because Obsidian was handed an exhausting schedule to complete the game, which was even cut by two months when LA wanted the game out in time for Xmas. Seen in that light, Obsidian's work is an impressive achievement.

Archived