Home

I need Help!!! (KotOR Tool and Registry)

Tasuke

Hmm, hi

I got this problem, I installed Kotor tool but each time i try to start, i get this:

fffqp4.jpg

I tried Re-installing it but nothing changed.

so plz can any one help

Strange, have you checked with RegEdit if that key really is missing? It should automatically be set when you install KotorTool. You might need an account with Admin permissions on the computer to do this though, not sure.

If you have and it is still missing you could try adding it by hand and see if that helps.

Use RegEdit to add a new key at....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCM\Kotor Tool

...you should add a new key named Path of the REG_SZ type and set its value to the full path to the folder on your harddrive where you have KotorTool installed (in my case "F:\KOTORTSL\tools\KotorTool").

(Warning: If you are unfamiliar with RegEdit be VERY careful if you do this though. If you mess up the Registry you may break your operating system.)

Strange, have you checked with RegEdit if that key really is missing? It should automatically be set when you install KotorTool. You might need an account with Admin permissions on the computer to do this though, not sure.

If you have and it is still missing you could try adding it by hand and see if that helps.

Use RegEdit to add a new key at....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCM\Kotor Tool

...you should add a new key named Path of the REG_SZ type and set its value to the full path to the folder on your harddrive where you have KotorTool installed (in my case "F:\KOTORTSL\tools\KotorTool").

(Warning: If you are unfamiliar with RegEdit be VERY careful if you do this though. If you mess up the Registry you may break your operating system.)

ok, this might sound stupid but...what's RedEdit?

It's a registry editor program included with XP (and 2000) that allows you to view/edit the systems registrar...

MUCH care to be used if you're unfamiliar. ;)

The program should be located either in your system32 folder OR you may still be able to use the "Run" command located in your Start Menu. (just type "regedit" without quotes).. :)

Archived