Home

Basically a question about mask modeling

Kristy Kistic

I've been working on making a zabrak head model. I wanted detailed horns so I created a separate entity and implemented it as a mask. The problem is that the horns seems to be fixed on the Y axis. They do not appear in the proper place for each of the 3 model sizes. (This is for K1)

This is my first attempt at mask modeling, which really isn't a mask at all, but I don't see why it shouldn't work the same. So any advice would be appreciated. :)

• 5 months later...

I have another question for someone that may be experienced with modeling. The skin area of the horns is actually really close to the color of the head skin. However, in-game (as you can see from the screenshot above) they came out looking rather dark. And its not just the screenshot.

I don't entirely understand how some of the values in the model file work, and was wondering if maybe one of these is set wrong and possibly the source of the problem.

diffuse 1.0 1.0 1.0

ambient 1.0 1.0 1.0

specular 0.0 0.0 0.0

selfillumcolor 0.0 0.0 0.0

The darkness or lightness of the mesh is something that you can edit in the material editor. hit M to bring up the Material editor, select your material thats applied to the mesh and click on "diffuse" color, change the color from grey to white to make the model lighter.

You might have to export the model a few times to get it just right, if you do adjust the color beyond the shades of white then it will be reflected on the model.

Archived