Home

Help Save The World From Global Warming...At least in a sim. {Call For Help in MUN}

SilentScope001

Hello, and my name is SilentScope001. I play in the Model United Nations, somewhat of a simulation where you represent different nations and try to get your agenda across. I am about to go to a General Assembly session for it next Saturday, and I am quite excited. I just got the topics and my country, and I am doing much research.

The reason I am telling you this is because I see this forum as a good community, with lots of ideas, and I may need them in order to help with this issue. I think.

You see, the topic I am doing today is Global Warming, and my country is France.

Problem: My country of France wants to establish a global body that will act as the world police to monitor global emissions and the enviroment, then punish those who go ruin the enviroment. That way, global warming can be stopped.

Which means, uh, it looks to me that my country's position is about to become very, VERY unpopular. 40 countries attended France's little session where they talked about the idea of this, but of course, big nations like China and USA are SURE to be quite upset at France's political postruing. Not to mention the fact that this "global police" kinda seems a bit crazy.

Now, the reason I posted it here is because I want any tips, help, and advice for helping to push this plan of creating this global body that will run the enviroment. Many nations are going to be opposed to it, especially China and United States, and I am quite afraid of turning France into a laughing stock with this...er...idea. Any help would be appericated.

EDIT: I dont know exactly how the global body will be set up, but I am going to assume that it will be a UN Committe that will be able to pass resolutions, seperate from the General Assembly.

Don't worry about France being a laughing stock, it's not ONLY because of that...My main problem (and a very reasonable one) AGAINST Global Warming police is that you cannot turn back technology, big companies aren't just gonna shut down because they're harming the environment, just like tobacco companies aren't gonna close down because they're giving millions of people cancer in a box...Be prepared for tough arguments like that...I don't like this Vendetta against global warming because it is counter-productive, everyone wants the latest technology and gadgets, but doesn't want to sacrifice anything for it...What are we supposed to do? Go back to the Stone Age and live in caves? Advances come at a price and always will, but we have survived as the main species of this planet for quite a while now, and I think we can keep going on for another long while...

There's my two cents

Archived