Home

Remove dark side transitions

Fish.Stapler

I've been looking around for this mod, and it's the -=ONE=- mod I can't find. Seriously, you modders are amazing with what you've done :).

I'm looking for something that diminishes the dark side transitions. Most specifically, I'm looking for a mod that removes SKIN transitions but leaves eye transitions (EG. Anakin and Malak). I mean, Malak is confirmed to have bombed two planets into oblivion and all he gets are those eyes. My Revan/Exile just beat up people for credits and turn into horridly deformed beasts.

I'd do it myself but my strength lies in code and scripts (which I plan to work with someday :)) and not models. Any suggestions would be great.

Actually, all it would take to do this is to copy and paste the neutral head textures over the darkside transitions and put them in your Override folder.

Or better still, open the neutral transition texture in a paint program (like PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro) and simply save it numerous times with the exact same names as the darkside transition images, then put those in your Override folder.

The eyes you want to use could be pasted or drawn over the neutral eyes and saved like that.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173806

I've actually done something quite similar... only for the male heads... and it changes their eyes from their natural color to pink then red... although, it's only for TSL... so... you'll have to do it for K1... and you can alter their appearance anyway you like... if you use my mod... just don't distribute it, unless I've given you permission to do so.

:edit:

That is... if you alter my mod.

Actually, all it would take to do this is to copy and paste the neutral head textures over the darkside transitions and put them in your Override folder.
I did that originally a long time ago before I learned how to do the .2da editing part. I couldn't stand having Bao-Dur, Brianna, Mical, and Mira with these dark side looks and when I did something evil, they complained about it. So I removed it from them and ignore their dark side alignment because I truly don't believe they converted. I left Atton's since he does truly convert. Atton is brilliant because he can truly convert to either the light or dark side and act like it. Wish they did that for the other characters you can convert to being a Jedi.

The eyes you want to use could be drawn over the neutral eyes and saved like that.

That's exactly what I did... I found it a lot more easier than trying to do everything myself. ^_^

Archived