Home

Three free SSDs

Behemoth

I know most would rejoice in this glitch but for me it's a bit of a bug. In FOC with the latest patch I've experienced a problem with Vadar's SSD. It seems he can't be killed (playing as the empire, read "lost"), well he can be destroyed, but once the battle is over he is still there; now this is the kicker, he still rejuvenates, but then he's a double with two SSDs in game. All this happened while playing as the empire so I lost him a few times in one game, now I have 4 SSD/Vadars for the price of one. This is all with the latest patch, I'm wondering if others have seen this and also if this is found when playing against the empire after killing the SSD. I take the other vadars out of play sorta, Corruption removal, but I'd assume the AI wouldn't, bit of a game un-balancer, I think. Anyone see this and/or know how to fix it.

-B

"Did this stem from and old saved game?"

Nope new game, with new patch 1.01 I believe? Can I repeat it? I've repeated it, reliably three times, albeit in the same game. Starting a new one might take some time, but I can do that if you think it will help. I assume it's easy enough to check, by sacrificing the executer in a tactical battle and see if it regenerates as a second Vadar+ship. This is an unmodded game btw. Thanks for the reply, I hope it's just this one game.

-B

Here ya go, hope this helps prove my case. It seems pretty persistent. Every save has the same thing, I'll try combining them into one fleet and see if they go away. I'm a little surprised no one has encountered this before. I don't want others to pork the game they are in, but if you have an old save, could you load it and sacrifice the SSD and Vadar in a tac-battle to see if they double rejuvenate? It may have happened only when vadar was on the defensive, though I don't recall for sure. I do know one of them was created when the SSD was destroyed but the Defensive station survived hence no retreat, I'll test this out some more though. Hope this helps.

-B

p.s.

I guess I'm unable or not knowledgeable enough to attach the pic so... nada.

Archived