Home

Cutscene Questions...

jonathan7

Hey all,

Right I've read what I could find around here about making cutscenes and have been playing around with FRAPS, RAD video tools and will start playing around with Camtasia Studio if need be. I apologise if any of the below has been asked or seems stupid. (I Have done several searches of the Forums but couldnt spot anything to specific about this). Also does anywhere know where I can get JdNoa's Anicam and Lipsynch as PCgamemods seems to be down again (unless its up again).

Firstly this may be a stupid question but how were the original movies... e.g. Kreia's fall, and Visas being sent off to find the exile recorded? Or were they done seperatly like the space battle movies?

Basically though, If I want to record a cutscene (to then place as a Bik in the movies folder in TSL) whats the easiest way to do it? Warp to the location? And use skins? e.g. Use the Nihilus skin with Visas in the party to record them (also if I do that do I need to get permission from the modder of the skin to do this?). Or would it be better to do it another way? If so how is it possible to have the 2 of charachters togeather at the location I want them at? Is this a case of exploring KotOR tool?

Firstly this may be a stupid question but how were the original movies... e.g. Kreia's fall, and Visas being sent off to find the exile recorded? Or were they done seperatly like the space battle movies?

As far as I have seen they are in-game cutscenes that have been recorded to a movie where extra sound effects and music has been added (in some cases). The cutscene areas for those should still be in the game. I remember that I posted some scripts a while back that replaced the movie-variant of Kreia's fall with the in-game variant a while back, but I don't remember what thread that was in.

So, if you want to make your own movies the easiest way is probably to make your own scripted in-game cutscene and then record while it is running as well.

As far as I have seen they are in-game cutscenes that have been recorded to a movie where extra sound effects and music has been added (in some cases). The cutscene areas for those should still be in the game. I remember that I posted some scripts a while back that replaced the movie-variant of Kreia's fall with the in-game variant a while back, but I don't remember what thread that was in.

So, if you want to make your own movies the easiest way is probably to make your own scripted in-game cutscene and then record while it is running as well.

Aahhhh, scripting is what I was wanting to avoid, it scares me! ;) But if be, so be it and I will have to learn it. What I was wanting to do, was add the Nihilus vs Sion cutscene just after Peragus, then do a scene where Sion is informed by someone (haven't decided who yet) that the Exile isn't dead yet. Thus explaining why he is hunting you down again having thought he had killed you.

Then depending on how long/difficult it is to make the cutscene was thinking of doing some more; Having a scene where Nihilus finds Visas on Katar (loads of bodies around of Jedi etc). Was also thinking of having Vandar on the bridge of the Ravenger desperatly trying to stop Nihilus before he reaches Katar... bit of an epic battle (he manages to block Nihlus power for a while, before failing and dying). Finally a cutscene of Vash vs Sion, would probably just have Vash beat him a few times but Sion use his come back to life ability and eventually kill/capture her. Don't know how possible people think they are, but only in the initial stages of looking into doing them at the moment.

Edit: Looks like scripting is the best way to do cutscenes... argh! Going to look into that now! Any suggestions/Advice welcome!

Archived