Home

[WIP] Shining Light of Ashla Robes

SykoRevan

My first ever WIP, as well as my first attempt at a mod. I plan to release a new robe in the original KotOR, using the Revan Cutscene Robes as a model. Actually, I am using the skins from SithRevan's Star Forge Revan's Robes as a base (with his permission of course). Basically, these robes will be powerful and will give whoever wears them a nice power boost. Here is a screen of the skin I am going to have for the robes:

KotOR0002.jpg

As you can see, the robes are white and blue, as opposed to the original Revan's robes being black and red. It is to show a contrast between the Revan's robes and these robes, which are meant to signify the light side of the Force. I might one day make a dark side equivalent to these robes, but for now, I am just trying to bring out my first ever mod to the public. Wish me luck.

I have decided to use the first skin, as (noted by Pavlos) the second skin is way too white-ish and personally I like how the blue stands out in the first skin. So all that is needed to be done is to finish the other files and release this mod to the public.

I have finished the mod, with much appreciated help from SithRevan. The mod contains only 3 files: the .tga skin, the .uti item file, and the .tga icon. It is a small mod, but I tested it and it works on my game. I decided against using the full Revan Cutscene model, so I just used the in-game Revan robe model, which the story behind the robes indicates that Revan based his own robes off the Shining Light of Ashla, instead of completely imitating them. So here is a screen of the mod. I plan to upload it to FileFront and then post it in the TUCE.

KotOR0003.jpg

I decided against using the full Revan Cutscene model, so I just used the in-game Revan robe model, which the story behind the robes indicates that Revan based his own robes off the Shining Light of Ashla, instead of completely imitating them. So here is a screen of the mod. I plan to upload it to FileFront and then post it in the TUCE.

Ohhhh ,thats a shame, i preferred the first one, the robes look better, but you could do both in the same mod, "Shining Light of Ashla Robes" and "Shining Light of Ashla Robes (With Hood)", or if you don't could you include the texture for the first one you did so i can use the first one for my personal use? :)

Actually master zionosis, the screens I first posted was just a modified version of SithRevan's Star Forge Revan's Robes with my skin to give people an idea of what the robes might look like, and I regret not being able to use the Revan cutscene model, but I do not know how to put the cutscene Revan model in-game. Sorry. Although I'm sure that the skin I use for my mod is compatible with the Revan Cutscene model, so you can use the skin for your personal use if you can do what I can't at the moment. But right now I'm waiting for FileFront to publish my mod, and hopefully you all will still like it.

I have finished the mod, with much appreciated help from SithRevan. The mod contains only 3 files: the .tga skin, the .uti item file, and the .tga icon. It is a small mod, but I tested it and it works on my game. I decided against using the full Revan Cutscene model, so I just used the in-game Revan robe model, which the story behind the robes indicates that Revan based his own robes off the Shining Light of Ashla, instead of completely imitating them. So here is a screen of the mod. I plan to upload it to FileFront and then post it in the TUCE.

Personally I am glad you are using the in game Revan model for the lightside. I prefer to see my lightsider's face.

I'm glad to hear it SithRevan, and I really love the review you gave my mod over at FileFront, and I'm also glad to say that this WIP thread is no longer necessary, as I have posted my mod in the Taris Upper City Emporium. I'm overjoyed at completing and releasing my debut mod :D

Archived